Just picked up an 9780. It was everything I could do to keep from walking out with a Nokia E73 instead. Ended up opting for the BB because the E73 is discontinued and because of the cachet BB carries in work environments.

But that E73 is a work of art, while my new BB is made of cheap-looking shiny plastic. I know there are dozens of aftermarket cases out there. Anything you know of which provides an upgraded OIM look? Or just a nice, professional look?
    01-14-11 02:48 PM
    In my opinion I feel cases make a phone look less professional. JMO

If you want to shell out the cash you can get a colorware houseing. You can make it look any way you want.

Colorware - Smart Phones
    01-14-11 03:05 PM
    I can't stand cases, I rock my 9700 naked the way it was designed to be used.. Cases add bulk and make it look even cheaper.. Best thing you can do is get a custom housing

Try Cnn.cn or sw-box.com

Since you have the 9780 I'd suggest getting an oem 9700 battery cover that has the rugged leather back
    Last edited by rayzian; 01-14-11 at 03:21 PM.
    01-14-11 03:13 PM
    I fail to see how the 9780 is cheap, it has a business man look, and is very sturdy.
    01-14-11 04:12 PM
    it's not really that it's cheap, ML, more that the E73 is /so/ good looking. I found a matte black bezel on cnn.cn that I think would improve the BB looks. There are some handsome-looking replacement cases as well, but, at $20, they might be a little cheesy in person.

But the BB is attractive if a bit plasticky. The looks /are/ business and communicate what they need to communicate. Pull out a large touchscreen, and any kid in the room will immediately rush over with, "Oooooh! What games do you have?" The 9780 doesn't inspire that.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    01-15-11 12:51 PM
    "Oooooh! What games do you have?" The 9780 doesn't inspire that.
    Couldn't agree with you more.

On the other hand, the blinking Red LED tells those in the know, you have information on hand they may not. In business, that gives you the advantage.

I like the Black Leather OEM slide in case, it's like flicking open a stiletto.
    01-15-11 04:09 PM
    I think the added cases take away from the phone, that said mine is in a otterbox, bulky but safe from my rough environment. Then when I go out cleaned up I take it out and it looks brand new and cool.
    Now on that oem slide in case I would agree with reed if he was talking about the one that came with my tour or bold 9700 but the 9870 one is a cheap looking piece with a flap that hardly goes over the phone to hold it in.

I put it in the box with my tour and will keep the old one.
    01-15-11 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD