Hey everyone, Im thinking about making a bb10 app and I kind of remember hearing something about getting a free bb10 device if the app is ready at bb10 launch....is this real or am I imagining it hehe my mind isn't as good as it used to be :P

Anyway could someone post a link or the criteria the app has to meet to get a free device. Tried google but I couldn't find anything... so Im not sure if I just imagined the whole thing.

Thanks for your time
    setiajie likes this.
    08-28-12 12:12 AM
    08-28-12 12:16 AM
    Hey Soren, in order to qualify for the free device you needed to have attended a BB10Jam and have qualified/received a BB10 Dev Alpha device. If you get an app approved and accepted into App World for BB10, when you return your Dev Alpha they will send a limited edition BB10 fully functional (and apparently enscribed device) in its place as a thank you.
    Last edited by Locksheema; 08-28-12 at 12:29 AM.
    setiajie likes this.
    08-28-12 12:25 AM
    It's not that simple. You need to get a Dev Alpha first. I wasn't approved for one and neither did my friend who used to work at RIM. Apparently other people who's done development for BB didn't qualify for the Dev Alpha either. Hopefully RIM will be able to make more alpha devices available.
    setiajie likes this.
    08-28-12 12:51 AM
    RIM is running low on Dev Alpha Devices
    setiajie likes this.
    08-28-12 02:34 AM
    I highly doubt no one will ever see that happen :P

Anyways thanks for the help everyone, I knew I wasn't crazy
    08-28-12 10:30 AM
    watching Discuss...
    08-28-12 10:42 AM
    So, I went to BB10 Jam Vancouver today and managed to get a Dev Alpha device! I wasn't approved, but Alec let us "persuade" dev relations to give us one. I went up to the person, told her my vendor approval is in process, and I have a HTML5 app running properly on the PlayBook (which I did, because I intended on submitting it once I get vendor approval, but RIM's taking its sweet time doing it). She said "you've convinced me!".

Vancouver's the last North America stop on the BB10 Jam World Tour, and so I'm not sure when will the next opportunity be to get a Dev Alpha (most likely at Jam Americas). Alec was mentioning that they are looking to do another run...probably the Dev Alpha B's.
    08-28-12 08:31 PM
    As I posted in my other thread I had a similar experience... I actually emailed Alec during the event to make my case and he took care of it.

RIM is doing a great job taking care of their Dev's I think it is awesome that they allowed people to pitch why the deserve the device even if they didn't qualify for one. Class Act.

I'm sitting on BC ferries porting my playbook App to BB10 hopefully will have it ready to submit before we dock
    greatwiseone likes this.
    08-28-12 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD