Just last night I was messing around with my Curve and it said it needed to restart. When my BB booted back up again I saw that it had reset itself back to the Verizon theme and some of my apps weren't working. Specifically, I had two custom themes and they were not showing up in my themes options, but I could see them in the Applications menu and when I connected to DM. Then I started to get a error called "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException". This is new to me and it made me a little worried. I deleted one of my apps and havent gotten the message since, but I tried to download a new theme but it wouldn't show up int he Themes menu. What the heck happened to my phone? I'm in desperate need of help

Also, I'm running 4.3 and was told to upgrade to 4.5. I searched around and found out that that might not be a fix. If I upgrade to 4.5 and reload my backed up data I might get the same errors....but I dont know if this is true. Please help!
    12-08-08 09:28 AM
    Upgrade might help but that sounds like a memory issue when your phone becomes possessed and does it own reboot.
    12-08-08 09:32 AM
    Did you get the 4.5 upgrade throu you carrier? if so they might have a patch, if not try to roll back to 4.3 then reload

I have allways thought its kinda important to wait till your carrier comes up with the 4.5 just for this reson
    12-08-08 09:32 AM
    I didnt upgrade 4.5. I've been using 4.3 since day one and I wasn't even trying to upgrade. All I did was restart my phone, which I have done tons of times, and them BAM I'm getting this problem. My question was should I upgrade? Will it help?
    12-08-08 09:38 AM
    if the upgrade is avalible throu your carier it might help

if not wipe the device then reload
    12-08-08 09:40 AM
    I didnt upgrade 4.5. I've been using 4.3 since day one and I wasn't even trying to upgrade. All I did was restart my phone, which I have done tons of times, and them BAM I'm getting this problem. My question was should I upgrade? Will it help?
    Sorry. Read it as your phone re started on its own. I'm one for the upgrade if its through your carrier. Problems are usually solvable without alot of work involved.
    12-08-08 09:41 AM
    Okay, well if I upgrade will to overwrite all my of settings? Such as ringtones, saved calendar meetings, phonebook? Also, howcome when I downloaded the new theme it didnt show up?
    Last edited by BlackBlood; 12-08-08 at 10:02 AM.
    12-08-08 09:56 AM
    Go to Desktop Manager on your PC and do a full backup, so you save all your files and data. Then go and do the software Operating System upgrade on your device. Sounds redundant, but play it safe and do the backup, make it a habit, so you don't lose important data.
    12-08-08 10:55 AM
    This probably has no relevance, but I noticed that with the firewall turned on I would get similar java related errors with third party apps. Turned it off and all was well. Also, my theme stays as the default tmobile one when connected to DM. As soon as I unplug it, my preferred one comes back up. Weird, but not affecting functionality.
    12-08-08 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD