Unsure if this is the correct category to post this issue in.

I inserted a new sim card into my BB torch 9800. I now am no longer getting mail. I went under setup to see if I had to re-configure it, but now when I do i Get the following:
    "Your device had a problem connecting to the server". I select retry and get the same thing.

Prior to inserting new sim I had no problems with mail. Any ideas on what to do or try?

If I could just find an app to view yahoo or aol mail that would work also.

Thanks for any help
    01-17-13 09:53 AM
    Sorry for such a newbie question but im struggling here trying to figure how to access mail with this issue. Right now I have to login into yahoo on the browser to check it, as I have no mail notifactions.
    01-17-13 11:32 AM
    Not sure, but is the new sim connected to a blackberry account? If I remember correctly (and I am an old phart) mail, and internet may be impacted by not having the blackberry data connected. otherwise, you may just need to resend the service books.
    01-18-13 02:18 AM
    Not sure, but is the new sim connected to a blackberry account? If I remember correctly (and I am an old phart) mail, and internet may be impacted by not having the blackberry data connected. otherwise, you may just need to resend the service books.
    Ah, maybe this is the problem. The new account just has calling and text, no data or rim service. I suppose, yes, thats the problem makes perfect sense.
    I use home wifi for its internet.
    Is there any mail aps(free) that can be used for mail like yahoo and aim that will be easier than using the browser. I searched but no luck.
    Thanks for pointing out the above.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-18-13 04:13 AM