Ok, wasn't that image of the Magnum (the one that was a Bold with the screen covered up with a condom) a joke? I think a website thought it was real....blackberry launch magnum image . - Gadgets Guru Technology News
    lolololololol. in the blog post itself Kevin says it's not a real image. someone on that website clearly didn't read the post, just saw a picture and the word MAGNUM in the title.
    07-14-09 11:52 PM
    lolololololol. in the blog post itself Kevin says it's not a real image. someone on that website clearly didn't read the post, just saw a picture and the word MAGNUM in the title.
    HA! People these days....
    07-14-09 11:55 PM
    Also, i think people should understand that since the original project was scraped, we can't actually confirm that the pluto/magnum(whatever) is actually going to be a touchscreen/keyboard. it may or may not have a touchscreen.
    07-23-09 06:05 PM
    Patience my friends, patience
    07-28-09 06:10 PM
    I thought Magnum didn't exist anymore?
    07-31-09 10:40 PM
    magnum? i havent heard anything about this.
    08-03-09 01:58 AM
    Its never gonna happen
    08-04-09 11:20 AM
    I cannot wait for the Magnum. This thing is more elusive than a jackelope.
    08-07-09 12:47 AM
    Did you all see this? Looks fake but cool to believe a magnum would be close.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f150/what-288266/
    08-07-09 01:15 AM
    Did you all see this? Looks fake but cool to believe a magnum would be close.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f150/what-288266/
    Definitely fake!! Photoshop job is what it is...and not to good a job at cutting and pasting either
    08-08-09 09:08 AM
    this would be a great phone to have.
    08-09-09 12:38 PM
    Any MODS around to kick, ban, delete this sorry Russian sucker and teach him not to spam?
    08-12-09 10:26 AM
    anyways....this phone sounds great. id buy it, even if it is on att bleh :P
    08-13-09 09:59 PM
    I would say this is not a mythical creature but rather still "only in drawings".

I am drawing above conclusion based on:

CX said "Another Bold sized device is coming"
    Radioguinea said "There is one but not soon", after some nagging he "implied" it will be with us past Q2 of 2010
    News reports discuss a "super 3G berry coming next year"
    News reports also mention "front facing camera coming to BBs next year"
    Typically pre-production devices "leak" roughly 3 months prior to launch - insiders should be able to testify to that, I guess. Quite naturally, considering they have in-the-field testing for 3 months...

So, piecing these together, I'd say the BOLD 2, or bold-sized phone will come sometime late Q2/early Q3 of 2010, it will have the current bold size factor but will be crammed with goodies, touch-screen and all. And, according to my guestimation we should first see this long-awaited and drooled-upon toy sometime in February/March 2010...

@insiders - feel free to deny/affirm any points above
    08-19-09 05:51 AM
    If you don't have then it doesn't exist.
    08-19-09 05:54 AM
    If you don't have then it doesn't exist.
    I don't have a billion dollars....does that not exist too?
    08-19-09 06:06 AM
    I am boggled by the silence of the insiders though - they were the ones to throw out the code names and now - nothing. And I am not even mentioning Oxford, Taladega and the latest ciphers...
    08-19-09 10:56 AM
    yeah i think its just an idea right now.

no pictures are up anywhere cept Photoshopped pics of a Bold and a Storm put together
    08-19-09 01:07 PM
    I don't have a billion dollars....does that not exist too?
    lmao...excellent rebuttal
    08-19-09 01:17 PM
    The Unicorn is DEAD. Listen to podcast 040 where Kevin answers a question on it. The project has been officially scraped. Also, to another question he said a new bold-sized device is highly unlikely as some people had issues with the size of the current 9000.

Crickets, this was a dream for so many. But who knows, perhaps the Magnum is dead but it could re-appear as the PHOENIX? Nothing is impossible in magic land.
    08-21-09 03:16 AM
    The Unicorn is DEAD. Listen to podcast 040 where Kevin answers a question on it. The project has been officially scraped. Also, to another question he said a new bold-sized device is highly unlikely as some people had issues with the size of the current 9000.

Crickets, this was a dream for so many. But who knows, perhaps the Magnum is dead but it could re-appear as the PHOENIX? Nothing is impossible in magic land.
    You are right and you are wrong.

Simple explanation:

You are right, because they scratched the phone they started as the Magnum and stopped working on it

You are wrong, because they are still working on a "new" touchscreen/keyboard berry.

BAM/POW
    08-21-09 03:21 AM
    You are wrong, because they are still working on a "new" touchscreen/keyboard berry.

BAM/POW
    Good to hear that, hope your ninjas are working on securing one of those
    08-21-09 04:13 AM
    Good to hear that, hope your ninjas are working on securing one of those
    They better get to work, or else they will be fired! LOL
    08-27-09 01:26 AM
    Well whatever RIM is cooking up, they had better bring the best they have. Just watched the N900 walkthrough, looks like a winner for Nokia.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 10:36 AM
99 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD