Heard from a little bird that the Blackberry Magnum is up next for a production run at the RIM factory in Waterloo
    02-10-09 10:12 PM
    Heard from a little bird that the Blackberry Magnum is up next for a production run at the RIM factory in Waterloo
    This just made my day! Also wanna try to find out what carrier brand is gonna be on that phone?
    One more thing, do they test the devices out before they do a whole production of them?
    02-10-09 10:15 PM
    please be for ATT, please be for ATT, please be for ATT

I really want this phone
    02-10-09 11:30 PM
    pre-production run...
    02-11-09 01:40 AM
    What's the magnum again. I forget names.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 11:35 AM
    What's the magnum again. I forget names.

The 3G, touchscreen Javelin. 9220 "Magnum"
    02-11-09 02:19 PM
    That sounds nice . Hopefully telus is in on this

02-11-09 06:23 PM
    That sounds nice . Hopefully telus is in on this

I heard it suppose to come to AT&T. I don't know about others, that's just what I heard.
    02-11-09 06:59 PM
    looked around, read alot of reports and found out this phone will be going too AT & T as well as Rogers. The names vary for this phone as do all names vary for every blackberry until their released.. who knows the final decision but a few are Blackberry Bold Touch, Magnum & Pluto.
    02-23-09 11:15 AM
    I'll believe it when there are some photo links, creditable sources, etc..
    02-23-09 02:15 PM
    ^ same here. I'm curious about how the touchscreen would work. to be surepress, or not to be surepress...
    02-23-09 05:09 PM
    Surepress or not...Just hope that AT&T is bringing in something good!
    02-24-09 03:52 AM
    I'm kinda skeptical on touchscreen BBs. After playing with the iPhone and HATING the way the texting works on there, not so sure I would go to a berry that had the same kinda idea.
    02-24-09 04:11 AM
    The touchscreen/QWERTY combo I think would only work if you had a stylus - using your finger on a screen that fills up only half the device would be tricky. A lot of oriental markets demand stylus use for character recognition and it would be the final form factor RIM would need to cover all of its bases. Scratch that, still holding out for a slider...
    02-24-09 12:02 PM
    I heard it's the Pluto thats supposed to be in pre-production but it keeps getting pushed back. They are supposed to be working hard on the OS. If this is accurate they have learned the lessons from effing up the Storm.
    02-24-09 12:17 PM
    my friend was at NY airport on the weekend for a layover heading to Mexico for reading week. he messaged me asking if the storm was released with a keyboard...i asked what he was talking about. he told me the person beside him was using one. he couldn't send me anything because he was roaming. so hopefully he took a picture for me. im assuming it was the magnum and he was just confused (not a crackberry addict) but a storm with keyboard would be sweet!
    02-24-09 12:18 PM
    my friend was at NY airport on the weekend for a layover heading to Mexico for reading week. he messaged me asking if the storm was released with a keyboard...i asked what he was talking about. he told me the person beside him was using one. he couldn't send me anything because he was roaming. so hopefully he took a picture for me. im assuming it was the magnum and he was just confused (not a crackberry addict) but a storm with keyboard would be sweet!
    He might of confused it with the HTC Fuze (touchscreen w/keyboard)
    02-25-09 12:09 AM
    He might of confused it with the HTC Fuze (touchscreen w/keyboard)
    i have the canadian version of that phone so definitly not. ill see what he was talking about friday
    02-25-09 12:00 PM
    The touchscreen/QWERTY combo I think would only work if you had a stylus - using your finger on a screen that fills up only half the device would be tricky. A lot of oriental markets demand stylus use for character recognition and it would be the final form factor RIM would need to cover all of its bases. Scratch that, still holding out for a slider...
    A stylus is so 1999 ;-)
    02-26-09 02:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD