We're still waiting for you to properly illustrate how Android has a "malware problem" anywhere other than unofficial chinese or russian sideloaded app hack sites - which are no different than any other "warez" sources. We're still waiting for you to illustrate how communication on a BB is any more secure from intelligence agency snooping when the agencies are getting the bulk of your data from the commlines between data centers and not your phone itself (which means OS is irrelevant). We're still waiting for your counter to one of the most widely accepted axioms of the tech and hacking community - that the amount of hacking is in direct proportion to the popularity of the OS more so than the perceived security of the OS. These are all claims you've made, and they're all bunk. You read too many sensationalist blogs and take it as gospel rather than educating yourself through credible tech journalism. Reading your posts is like watching those guys on Ancient Aliens making claims against NASA employed scientists or respectable archaeologists.
    http://www.cisco.com/web/offers/lp/2...code=000350063

Educate yourself

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 06:42 PM
    And I would never come back to Blackberry as long as they are copying Android. So I guess we're similar.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    That's fine. I may join you soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 06:43 PM
    lol dude come on try to be serious. Those reports take the mass bulk of their findings from the illegal and unsanctioned warez "app stores" I mentioned earlier. Is that the best your Google skills have to offer? This is old hat you should already know if you're a techie worth the name.

And Cisco? really?? Cisco as in we never update the firmware on our stuff leaving it vulnerable to everyone Cisco? I wouldn't buy their stuff if they paid ME.

Keep trying. Your putting an admirable effort for someone who said they're done here a couple pages ago
    03-24-14 06:46 PM
    We can spin how much we like, the truth is out there, we can try to call it fan boism etc. I am NOT new to using various platforms, Good luck with your choices! The true fanatics are the ones turning a blind eye and trying to convince others differently.

Posted via CB10
    security concerns sure have stopped most of the world from moving on to other platforms. But u keep fighting the good fight, let everyone know of the evils of Android, knowing deep inside that Blackberry needed it to salvage BB10
    03-24-14 06:48 PM
    Which is managed and takes their direction from *drumroll* administrators with no IT experience. By the way, are you aware that over 80% of the banks in the US use XP on their ATM machines? You know... that's the OS that's officially dropping support in a week or so. Guess what the "Security Department of the Banks IT division" has to say about that? Nothing much really. Business as usual.

Yes you must be referring to the hundreds of millions of people across NA and Europe banking on android and iOS devices having security issues? Oh wait...

Are you also aware of the Target 110 million customers security breach? Are you aware that this is a lot more widespread than originally thought? Do you know that there is sufficient information out there to prove Androids weaknesses, Do you know that I have been burnt once and have no desire to be burnt again. Do you know that millions are at risk. What do you need a major breach to have happened to take stock? Thank you but no.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 06:51 PM
    security concerns sure have stopped most of the world from moving on to other platforms. But u keep fighting the good fight, let everyone know of the evils of Android, knowing deep inside that Blackberry needed it to salvage BB10
    Like I said thanks but I won't and have NOT been using Android based applications on BB10 the day it's a pure bred mandatory feature on BlackBerry 10, I will be dropping it like a hot potato. Enjoy your Android Device.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 06:54 PM
    lol dude come on try to be serious. Those reports take the mass bulk of their findings from the illegal and unsanctioned warez "app stores" I mentioned earlier. Is that the best your Google skills have to offer? This is old hat you should already know if you're a techie worth the name.

And Cisco? really?? Cisco as in we never update the firmware on our stuff leaving it vulnerable to everyone Cisco? I wouldn't buy their stuff if they paid ME.

Keep trying. Your putting an admirable effort for someone who said they're done here a couple pages ago
    Do enjoy the laugh, careful they don't turn to tears! And this is the last I will say to you Enjoy your Device and platform choice. Goodluck!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 06:57 PM
    Are you also aware of the Target 110 million customers security breach? Are you aware that this is a lot more widespread than originally thought? Do you know that there is sufficient information out there to prove Androids weaknesses, Do you know that I have been burnt once and have no desire to be burnt again. Do you know that millions are at risk. What do you need a major breach to have happened to take stock? Thank you but no.

Posted via CB10
    You really are reaching here. Unfortunately for you you're locking horns with someone who lives, eats, breathes, and craps this stuff. The Target breach was something hackers are now locking their sights onto ever since computer vendors have been beefing up their security. Other hardware. Routers, Printers (yes, printers) etc. And those Target terminals weren't run by Android. The attackers stole card data by installing malicious software on point-of-sale (POS) devices in the checkout lines at Target stores involving memory-scraping malware.

Next?
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-24-14 07:02 PM
    Do enjoy the laugh, careful they don't turn to tears! And this is the last I will say to you Enjoy your Device and platform choice. Goodluck!

Posted via CB10
    Aw come on don't give up that easy, my security and IT background vs your amateur Google searches is so much fun! If you stop I'll zombie your machine and add it to my army and start posting in your name

(that was a joke mods relax!!)
    03-24-14 07:04 PM
    That's fine. I may join you soon.

Posted via CB10
    The great thing is there is choice. I didn't like Android when I first tried it. In fact, it took the third try before I latched on. I've used iPhone, Blackberry, and Android. Who knows, I may change again if I find something I like better. I'm not married to any platform.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-24-14 07:10 PM
    The great thing is there is choice. I didn't like Android when I first tried it. In fact, it took the third try before I latched on. I've used iPhone, Blackberry, and Android. Who knows, I may change again if I find something I like better. I'm not married to any platform.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Yes, I have used all three, I think that if however BlackBerry goes DROID. I will revert to a burner device too many issues with Security that I am concerned about.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 07:14 PM
    Yes, I have used all three, I think that if however BlackBerry goes DROID. I will revert to a burner device too many issues with Security that I am concerned about.

Posted via CB10
    There are problems with security everywhere. Like you mentioned, Target. That was from credit cards I believe. I believe the U.S. is behind Europe when it comes to credit card safety. I think it's more being smart about what you do rather than just the device. Let's face it, we live in a world of technology and convenience. Its kind of hard to stay away from it all.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-24-14 07:22 PM
    There are problems with security everywhere. Like you mentioned, Target. That was from credit cards I believe. I believe the U.S. is behind Europe when it comes to credit card safety. I think it's more being smart about what you do rather than just the device. Let's face it, we live in a world of technology and convenience. Its kind of hard to stay away from it all.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Agreed. And yes it was a credit card issue and was software scraping related I was just drawing comparison that one should not wait for such an event to take preventative measures. Actually I am trying to stay away from the norm, as today you can see that former President Jimmy Carter uses snail mail. I am inclined and also use that when and where I can.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 07:26 PM
    Agreed. And yes it was a credit card issue and was software scraping related I was just drawing comparison that one should not wait for such an event to take preventative measures. Actually I am trying to stay away from the norm, as today you can see that former President Jimmy Carter uses snail mail. I am inclined and also use that when and where I can.

Posted via CB10
    I actually saw that. Maybe if I was a former president but I'm not quite that important.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-24-14 07:28 PM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    This is why I continue to keep an eye on BB and WP. Personally I am not impressed by the current duopoly. But as it stands right now the innovations and capabilities of them are too rich in features to overlook. I do continue to hope that changes
    03-24-14 07:28 PM
    This is why I continue to keep an eye on BB and WP. Personally I am not impressed by the current duopoly. But as it stands right now the innovations and capabilities of them are too rich in features to overlook. I do continue to hope that changes
    I'm still thinking on getting a Lumia Icon later this summer. I use mostly Microsoft service and I have a W8 convertible laptop, a WP would round it out nicely. I hope WP8.1 fixes issues I have with it so I can go ahead and out money aside for it. I am also keeping an eye out for a high end BlackBerry for Verizon too. WP may get my money though because of the ecosystem.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    03-24-14 07:43 PM
    I just purchased a used Q10 on EBay to play around with. Let's see if anything has improved. Once a geek always a geek. 😁

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-24-14 07:51 PM
    While any system is vulnerable to attack, there are certain systems where it is harder, and I think BlackBerry is harder to attack than android. If you go about security, any networking environment is open to attacks actually, but the difficulty is different. It also doesn't really matter if the security stems from lower usage numbers really. I'm not saying BlackBerry is the end all be all of security, but given it's architecture it sure looks more secure than android. Then again the whole debate is kinda senseless. The thread was about a fake story from nbcnews which got debunked so the further security discussion would probably be better in a thread themed about general os security.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sinkingphoenix; 03-25-14 at 06:20 AM.
    03-25-14 05:47 AM
    This thread seems to be devolving quickly. As there appears to be nothing constructive left to say, it's closed.
    03-25-14 06:46 AM
94 ... 234