Phone hacking, the practice of intercepting telephone calls or voicemail messages without the consent of the phone's owner.
    Hacking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    If you have any more questions, please ask. I'll google for you.

Posted.
    In those nations where it was very publicly know as to the intent, permission was given as it the way they work. Not hacking. Consent is understood there.
    03-05-14 09:33 PM
    Correct! Somebody already said "unless you're on BES, your BlackBerry is just as "hackable" as any other device out there."

Posted.
    That's over-generalized and, by extension, not technically true.

I can strongly encrypt the data on my device without an app and, most importantly, nobody has ever jailbroken (rooted) a BlackBerry.

Additionally, my radios are encrypted at the firmware level.

Further to that, though the "universal" key for BBM is well known, you still need the UDID, and that's very hard to spoof on a firmware-encrypted, root-proof system.

Etc. And so on...
    axeman1000 likes this.
    03-05-14 10:04 PM
    i have nortun i doesnt even afraid!! come at me hakers!
    03-06-14 12:04 AM
    I think the fact that BlackBerry is not Microsoft or Google makes instantly more secure.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    03-06-14 01:36 AM
    Your statement is simply incorrect. You presume that the only difference between BlackBerry and an iPhone is BES10. What rubbish.

Does it not even dawn on you why governments won't let iPhone on their secure servers. Have you not read a newspapers inthe last three weeks? I mean really, the world finds out yet again about a massive hole in iOS and how hackers have been exploiting the obvious weakness. Please educate yourself as to the foundation of secure communications . You are being naive to the extreme.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, no. Governments can and do install extra security features, consumer level BlackBerry devices do not come with these, when BlackBerry was actually doing well there were exploits as well, java being a big one. The most common exploits are done via text messaging and java, something BlackBerry is just as vulnerable to as iOS or Android. Rooting a device really doesn't have much to do with anything. Your address book, text messages, and email can all be accessed at a non-root level. I actually administrate an Exchange and BES server. Telling me to "please educate myself"... hah. I bet you pressed reply with a smirk on your face, get real.
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    03-06-14 01:01 PM
    The data stored on a password locked BlackBerry is more secure than the data stored on many apple and android os phones, because the data stored on a BlackBerry cannot be accessed with Cellebrite UFED equipment. Someone with access to such equipment can plug the equipment into password locked apple and android phones, circumvent their passwords, and download all the data stored on them in a matter of minutes. This readily available equipment does not work against a password locked BlackBerry. So no, other phones are not as secure as BlackBerry.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    03-08-14 02:05 PM
    Hacked Within Minutes: Sochi Visitors Face Internet Minefield - Video on NBCNews.com

Interesting report from the Sochi russia olympics. Can they hack into BB's this easily?
    If you were a hacker would you waste your time targeting a BB? Or a WP? Of course not. Now you know why it doesn't happen often. Also, don't any of the BB users who buy into those android malware stories ever wonder why you never see hardly any news or posts about being hacked by people in countries who have Google Play Store? That's because the malware statistics are heavily padded by countries who don't and are installing from unofficial app stores.

"my phone is more secure" is a rallying call by people using a small marketshare device, and it's not selling any more phones than people on Windows Phone who keep telling people "I have MS Office on my phone". Nobody cares about BB security because there is no malware "problem" on iOS or Android despite the fact that both CB and WPC members love to spread this so-called "malware problem" around as a defense, just like nobody cares about having MS Office on a smartphone. Once their respective CEO's clue into this they'll get out of the single digits...maybe. These malware posts are as misinformed as the continued posts that Android lags as if it was still 2011.
    Last edited by xchange; 03-08-14 at 03:08 PM.
    03-08-14 02:56 PM
    You don`t help yourself or fellow BlackBerry fans look good by your comments. Also these posts about android being slow and malware ridden are just pure falsehood.
    Yeah I concur! Again you don't help android fans by posting such falsehoods the truth is out there. But hey whatever rocks your boat. Having been a victim of a banking app scam on my nifty new Samsung S4, I think that I can and will also make my opinions heard.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 08:35 AM
    Yeah I concur! Again you don't help android fans by posting such falsehoods the truth is out there. But hey whatever rocks your boat. Having been a victim of a banking app scam on my nifty new Samsung S4, I think that I can and will also make my opinions heard.

Posted via CB10
    Do you read what you type and does it make complete sense to you? I don't make falsehoods or blame an entire operating system on being scammed that one time on a banking app that happened to be an android phone. I'm amazed how much you are reaching.

03-24-14 08:52 AM
    What are you trying to say?

Not going to engage further, I think that I have said all already, before the convo deteriorates let's leave it at that. You have your opinion on Android and I have mine. Let's beg to differ ok.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 10:09 AM
    That piece was pretty much a FUD (see here for explanation) story from an american news outlet targeted at Russia. If you want to know more about it, read this blog entry going into detail why you can pretty much just discard the whole story.
    03-24-14 12:22 PM
    FYI: This is coming from Google themselves for those who really are interested in the truth on Android. Discern /Glean as you may.

That's a real problem on Android, where a design focused on permissive freedom has also made securing the devices effectively impossible. Samsung has attempted to address this problem for corporate users with Knox, a layer designed to limit Android's freedom and therefore give it a layer of security closer to iOS. However, most of Samsung's smartphones don't even support Knox, rendering the majority of Android device shipments impossible to secure.

Android's malware monopoly

Last month, a report by Cisco detailed that 99 percent of mobile malware targets Android, echoing the "staggering rate" of malware growth observed last summer by Juniper Networks in a report that noted that "77 percent of Android's threats could be largely eliminated today if all Android devices had the latest OS. Currently only 4 percent do."

When asked about Android's malware problems, Pichai (the Chrome OS executive who replaced Andy Rubin as the head of Google's Android development early last year) answered by saying that Android is not really "designed to be safe" but rather to provide "freedom."

For further reading :http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/bits...ndroid-phones/

For those still in doubt :http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...roid-apps.html

For IOS users:
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/02...r-ssl-bug-fix/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...n-targets-did/

Apple's iOS7 PRNG Weaker Than Previous Version (March 14 & 16, 2014)
    Apple changes its internal pseudorandom number generator (PRNG) with iOS 7 and researchers are saying that it is weaker than the previous version. The weakness could allow attackers to more easily exploit a vulnerability in the operating system's kernel.

http://www.sans.org/newsletters/news...issue=22&rss=Y

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 03-24-14 at 03:36 PM.
    03-24-14 02:57 PM
    FYI: This is coming from Google themselves for those who really are interested in the truth on Android. Discern /Glean as you may.

That's a real problem on Android, where a design focused on permissive freedom has also made securing the devices effectively impossible. Samsung has attempted to address this problem for corporate users with Knox, a layer designed to limit Android's freedom and therefore give it a layer of security closer to iOS. However, most of Samsung's smartphones don't even support Knox, rendering the majority of Android device shipments impossible to secure.

Last month, a report by Cisco detailed that 99 percent of mobile malware targets Android, echoing the "staggering rate" of malware growth observed last summer by Juniper Networks in a report that noted that "77 percent of Android's threats could be largely eliminated today if all Android devices had the latest OS. Currently only 4 percent do."

When asked about Android's malware problems, Pichai (the Chrome OS executive who replaced Andy Rubin as the head of Google's Android development early last year) answered by saying that Android is not really "designed to be safe" but rather to provide "freedom."

For further reading :U.S. Government Issues Warning About Security on Android Phones - NYTimes.com

For those still in doubt :10 MILLION compromised Android apps, experts reveal | Mail Online

For IOS users:
    iOS 7.0.6 update patched a major SSL bug, OS X still vulnerable

Apple’s Security Breach Should Scare You More Than Target’s Did | TheBlaze.com

Apple changes its internal pseudorandom number generator (PRNG) with iOS 7 and researchers are saying that it is weaker than the previous version. The weakness could allow attackers to more easily exploit a vulnerability in the operating system's kernel.

SANS NewsBites

Posted via CB10
    MacBook and Android hacked *easily* at Sochi, BB too?-193dtvab4yyfmjpg.jpg

Look how many steps you have to go through to allow apps not from the play store:

MacBook and Android hacked *easily* at Sochi, BB too?-step-2.jpg

Then another warning:

MacBook and Android hacked *easily* at Sochi, BB too?-unknown-sources-warning.png
    03-24-14 04:24 PM

For further reading :http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/bits...ndroid-phones/

For those still in doubt :http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...roid-apps.html

For IOS users:
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/02...r-ssl-bug-fix/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...n-targets-did/

http://www.sans.org/newsletters/news...issue=22&rss=Y

Posted via CB10
    The NYT article is talking about 2011 Android devices. While I know there are plenty around, its 2014 and improvements have been made. The other article is quoting a company that sells virus software.

Android can be "vulnerable" if you aren't careful. So is leaving your house unlocked.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-24-14 04:31 PM
    To be honest there's only a very small handful here. Even several of the staff are android users as well as BB. But yeah WPC is just brutal. They'll chase you out of there with a lynch mob with the staff driving the pickup truck lol.
    03-24-14 04:38 PM
    Well, that depends....what 'colours' are you wearing?

Posted via CB10
    Khaki. LOL.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-24-14 04:57 PM
    We can spin how much we like, the truth is out there, we can try to call it fan boism etc. I am NOT new to using various platforms, Good luck with your choices! The true fanatics are the ones turning a blind eye and trying to convince others differently.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 05:01 PM
    I am NOT new to using various platforms
    Yet another point we disagree on I'm afraid if your earlier posts are any indication. Or perhaps not new, just too inexperienced to make informed judgments.
    03-24-14 05:07 PM
    Yet another point we disagree on I'm afraid if your earlier posts are any indication. Or perhaps not new, just too inexperienced to make informed judgments.
    Perhaps, we all can't be experienced as you are. When a Global top 25 Bank advises me NOT to use Android for my banking I tend to pay attention.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 05:12 PM
    Perhaps, we all can't be experienced as you are. When a Global top 25 Bank advises me NOT to use Android for my banking I tend to pay attention.

Posted via CB10
    You take your tech advice from bankers? I see. You're really on a roll here, even after the beating on tech knowledge you're taking in this thread. You do realize the decision makers in organizations like that are all upper management types who listen to people who actually know the field like... never.
    03-24-14 05:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you feel the need to use a blackberry for your banking, that's fine. Also true is hundreds of millions of people are using other platforms without issue. That is also fine.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-24-14 05:19 PM
    You take your tech advice from bankers? I see. You're really on a roll here, even after the beating on tech knowledge you're taking in this thread. You do realize the decision makers in organizations like that are all upper management types who listen to people who actually know the field like... never.
    Let me be more specific the Security Department of the Banks IT division. The one on the roll would be you. Roll along and enjoy the ride.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 05:22 PM
    If you feel the need to use a blackberry for your banking, that's fine. Also true is hundreds of millions of people are using other platforms without issue. That is also fine.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Thank you. Duly noted. For the moment I am observing where BlackBerry is going with Android the moment they become Android, I'm gone.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 05:23 PM
    Let me be more specific the Security Department of the Banks IT division. The one on the roll would be you. Roll along and enjoy the ride.
    Which is managed and takes their direction from *drumroll* administrators with no IT experience. By the way, are you aware that over 80% of the banks in the US use XP on their ATM machines? You know... that's the OS that's officially dropping support in a week or so. Guess what the "Security Department of the Banks IT division" has to say about that? Nothing much really. Business as usual.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Yes you must be referring to the hundreds of millions of people across NA and Europe banking on android and iOS devices having security issues? Oh wait...

03-24-14 05:37 PM
    Thank you. Duly noted. For the moment I am observing where BlackBerry is going with Android the moment they become Android, I'm gone.

Posted via CB10
    And I would never come back to Blackberry as long as they are copying Android. So I guess we're similar.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-24-14 06:32 PM
94 1234