With BIS and BES shutting down, things are looking grim for BB10 and BBOS

However! With the help of some friends, we have made Lunar, a website dedicated to preserving BlackBerry software and information. We have written an extensive guide on restoring functionality to BBOS, started a Discord server, and built up a huge archive of BlackBerry software. This has been in the works for a couple of years, so we hope you find it helpful!

Check it out:
    http://lunarproject.org
    01-28-23 11:40 PM
    So an alternatively organized front-end (website) to lots of what information is covered here in CrackBerry?
    01-29-23 10:39 AM
    What's different here with Lunar project that isn't already being covered by known entities?

How do we know the safety of this site and ensure the safety of the various apps etc?
    01-29-23 01:08 PM
    This could be the biggest news ever; or it could be nothing.

There's a fair bunch of bar files that aren't on Conite's list. I'm tempted to use a sacrificial laptop to see what they're about. But which BB to put at risk with apps of unknown provenance, from an unknown website, that is the question.

But only going by the file names, some of the new stuff is enticing and yet, why have they sat quietly unknown for all this time.

There's a separate folder with Conite's collection. Might be a case of giving credit where it's due.
    Last edited by Paul Reichert; 01-29-23 at 06:37 PM.
    01-29-23 05:56 PM

There's a fair bunch of bar files that aren't on Conite's list. I'm tempted to use a sacrificial laptop to see what they're about. But which BB to put at risk with apps of unknown provenance, from an unknown website, that is the question.

But only going by the file names, some of the new stuff is enticing and yet, why have they sat quietly unknown for all this time.

There's a separate folder with Conite's collection. Might be a case of giving credit where it's due.
    Most of the "other" bar files either don't work, or are rewrapped Android apks.
    01-29-23 06:48 PM
    Most of the "other" bar files either don't work, or are rewrapped Android apks.
    There are a few (very few) decent native bars there that are quite nice and that are not in your archive. I've tried many of them out. No need for any but someone may make use of them.

eg. SuperClipboard, Volume Control, Reading Pocket, Magic Photos and maybe one or two others -can't remember.
    Last edited by brookie229; 01-29-23 at 07:14 PM.
    01-29-23 06:59 PM
    There are a few (very few) decent native bars there that are quite nice and that are not in your archive. I've tried many of them out. No need for any but someone may make use of them.

eg. SuperClipboard, Volume Control, Reading Pocket, Magic Photos and maybe one or two others -can't remember.
    I will add those then. Let me know if you recognize any others.
    01-29-23 07:22 PM
    Beach Buggy is native and a very nice game (on the Passport - not sure about other BB10 devices).
    01-29-23 07:30 PM
    NSR Reader is native and good for reading PDF, TIFF, TXT and DjVu files
    01-29-23 07:59 PM

They are all safe to try - some good ones there including nice games such as Beach Buggy Blitz and Lemegeton - also others specifically designed for the Q10.
    01-29-23 08:13 PM
    They are all safe to try - some good ones there including nice games such as Beach Buggy Blitz and Lemegeton - also others specifically designed for the Q10.
    You've talked me into it.
    01-30-23 12:34 AM
    Is there a simple way to tell when a bar file is just an Android app wrapped up to look like a .bar?
    01-30-23 12:49 AM
    Is there a simple way to tell when a bar file is just an Android app wrapped up to look like a .bar?
    Simple? No.
    01-30-23 01:23 AM
    Simple? No.
    A complicated way then?
    01-30-23 02:53 AM
    The 'Email' page says 'LogicMail, which used to be the default Email app, no longer seems to work with Outlook, Hotmail, MSN, Live, Gmail, and most mainstream Email providers.'

Outlook works with LogicMail using the settings on The Bold Explorer. Hotmail, MSN and Live no longer exist and Gmail apparently doesn't work.
    01-30-23 03:10 AM
    A complicated way then?
    Use AppNinja - a native app to check -- easy, please!
    01-30-23 08:30 AM
    A complicated way then?
    Just look in the Manifest file for the entry-point-type.
    01-30-23 09:15 AM
    Use AppNinja - a native app to check -- easy, please!
    Once it's installed, yes.

But even that won't differentiate between the various types of native apps.
    01-30-23 09:15 AM
    Once it's installed, yes.

But even that won't differentiate between the various types of native apps.
    It's good enough for our purposes certainly.
    boogywstew likes this.
    01-30-23 10:35 AM
    So far - tried the Angry Birds and 4096 bar files. They work.

Didn't get the point of Angry Birds.
    01-31-23 05:39 PM
    So far - tried the Angry Birds and 4096 bar files. They work.

Didn't get the point of Angry Birds.
    There is no point - they're angry and that's all there is to it.
    01-31-23 05:48 PM
    Here are .bar files from the website that I've checked and found working. NB, several of these have been noted by others.

Beach Buggy Blitz, racing game, working

Apps

Apollo, Pandora client. Seems to work (haven't set up a Pandora account to test it).
    MagicPhotos: photo effects app. Can selectively apply effect to sections of a photo. Working. Kind of fun to use.
    Note Board: task management app. Working.
    NSR Reader: reader for PDF, DjVu, TIFF and TXT files. Working.
    02-07-23 05:33 PM
    Here are .bar files from the website that I've checked and found working. NB, several of these have been noted by others.

Beach Buggy Blitz, racing game, working

Apps

Apollo, Pandora client. Seems to work (haven't set up a Pandora account to test it).
    MagicPhotos: photo effects app. Can selectively apply effect to sections of a photo. Working. Kind of fun to use.
    Note Board: task management app. Working.
    NSR Reader: reader for PDF, DjVu, TIFF and TXT files. Working.
    Yes. Those are all on my list. Anything I have there works (or at least worked when I added them).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0
    02-07-23 05:45 PM
    Yes. Those are all on my list. Anything I have there works (or at least worked when I added them).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0
    So, entirely redundant! Anyway I'm working slowly through the list and will post them here as I go, hopefully with some actual contributions.
    02-07-23 06:03 PM
    Can anyone confirm Asphalt 6 for BBOS works before I install it?
    02-08-23 01:06 AM
30 12