So Verizon LTE is available on mobile broadband 12/5. See Here:

4G LTE Network | Verizon Wireless

Now, having seen the LTE commercial, and reading all the threads here, it would appear I'm the only one to make the connection I have. Please go back to the link above, click "watch the commercial" in the bottom right hand, and watch intently as the gentleman opens the "verizon box".

Do you see what I see????

I see a STORM brewing!!!!!!
    Last edited by guerrillacycles; 12-01-10 at 11:55 AM.
    12-01-10 11:53 AM
    you are way to wishful in thinking that it will be here so soon. Maybe in march-may at best
    12-01-10 11:56 AM
    Negative Nancies need not apply...

SOME device will launch on LTE this month, within days probably.

Rumor was that Storm 3 would be first or second LTE device.

It either will, or it won't. I'm excited to see what hits, as I'm due, and in desperate need at this point. You can't drown my excitement in your poo-pooing.
    12-01-10 12:04 PM
    yes and those devices are USB data devices as VZW states on the site. The first phone will be a android device, most likely the Incredible HD/Mecha that is tentative release for either later this month or early January. and several other android based devices are to follow.

RIM will not have an LTE device out until atleast the playbook launches. They will have to be QNX based.

Im just telling you how it is. RIM is not going to lead the way with LTE. But they will have several phones/devices out in Q2 next year
    Last edited by howarmat; 12-01-10 at 12:21 PM.
    12-01-10 12:17 PM
    uuuuuhhh... Ok.

Sooooo, you work for RIM?
    Last edited by guerrillacycles; 12-01-10 at 12:26 PM.
    12-01-10 12:19 PM
    Howarmat is making an educated guess based on the trends that we have seen from RIM over the past 5 or so years. VZW is in love with Android plain and simple and I would agree that a 4G LTE BB is not going be here in the next three months..

After a while you will learn that you don't need to be a RIM employee to analyze these trends but as always prepare for the worst and hope for the best! It is the only way you can win in this game..
    12-01-10 12:52 PM
    uuuuuhhh... Ok.

Sooooo, you work for RIM?
    You don't have to work for RIM to know that what he's saying is true. If you were to spend at least 1 hour on these forums and read the relavant posts, you'd be under the same impression. Not to mention that VZW has all the info you're questioning on their site.

Look, we're all in the same boat... We're all waiting for RIM to come out with a superior product for the new network. The difference between you and the rest of us is that we can hear that little voice in the back of our heads which says that it won't be anytime soon.
    12-01-10 12:59 PM
    So Verizon LTE is available on mobile broadband 12/5. See Here:

4G LTE Network | Verizon Wireless

Now, having seen the LTE commercial, and reading all the threads here, it would appear I'm the only one to make the connection I have. Please go back to the link above, click "watch the commercial" in the bottom right hand, and watch intently as the gentleman opens the "verizon box".

Do you see what I see????

I see a STORM brewing!!!!!!
    I've seen that commercial a dozen times, I still can't see what you're referring to. There is no visible phone/device when the guy opens the box. What are you talking about?
    12-01-10 01:02 PM
    there are some other threads on the forum that discuss this is further detail. This forum was made for the "refresh" storm that never was made.

this is a better place to find info/rumors about the LTE storm 3 and other devices and where i saw the thread about the 6 new devices in q2

Rumored Devices - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    12-01-10 01:02 PM
    there are some other threads on the forum that discuss this is further detail. This forum was made for the "refresh" storm that never was made.

this is a better place to find info/rumors about the LTE storm 3 and other devices and where i saw the thread about the 6 new devices in q2

Do you think they're gonna rechip the old devices and market them as new?
    12-01-10 01:04 PM
    So Verizon LTE is available on mobile broadband 12/5.
    That's where I said that mobile broadband (usb data sticks) would be available 12/5. Then I speculated that a mobile device (i.e. phone) would drop shortly after, maybe this calender year.

Then I drew a conclusion from the current advertising campaign, the Storm 1 advertising campaign, and the previous rumor shared by someone here with a strong track record and good connections, that S3 would be device 1 or 2 on LTE. You can google it.

It either will, or it won't.
    You have added nothing but negativity. Please accept that unless you work for RIM, Google, AND VZW, you have no facts to prove your assumptions any further than I do. It would appear that your Love Loss with BB, which drove you to Android, has you coming back again and again to bash BB users and hopefuls. Abused wife syndrome is nothing to laugh at, and Internet bullying is soooooo 2001.

Also, don't confuse low post count with lack of experience... Word to the Wise.
    makaveli28 likes this.
    12-01-10 01:07 PM
    I've seen that commercial a dozen times, I still can't see what you're referring to. There is no visible phone/device when the guy opens the box. What are you talking about?
    Symbollism
    12-01-10 01:09 PM

I've read ALL the rumors, etc. Including the ones that the Device Numbers and Storm 3 will relate to the QNX device when it drops, since the Odin Refresh never saw the light of day. Thus, making this a relevant thread for this forum.

Also, from the forum header "BlackBerry Storm 9570 For discussion surrounding the next BlackBerry Storm to hit the market". So, relevant.
    Last edited by guerrillacycles; 12-01-10 at 01:49 PM.
    12-01-10 01:12 PM
    You don't have to work for RIM to know that what he's saying is true. If you were to spend at least 1 hour on these forums and read the relavant posts, you'd be under the same impression. Not to mention that VZW has all the info you're questioning on their site.

Look, we're all in the same boat... We're all waiting for RIM to come out with a superior product for the new network. The difference between you and the rest of us is that we can hear that little voice in the back of our heads which says that it won't be anytime soon.
    So you KNOW what's TRUE by reading forum posts? AWESOME!

Been through the VZW site. They don't have the info there. Show me where, EXACTLY, they show what phones will be landing on LTE, and in what order.
    12-01-10 01:14 PM
    Howarmat is making an educated guess based on the trends that we have seen from RIM over the past 5 or so years. VZW is in love with Android plain and simple and I would agree that a 4G LTE BB is not going be here in the next three months..

After a while you will learn that you don't need to be a RIM employee to analyze these trends but as always prepare for the worst and hope for the best! It is the only way you can win in this game..
    I make a habit of not making guesses based on 5 year old data. Has RIM suffered bad press from it's short life'd rushed product design in the past? Surely.

Do successful companies continue down failed paths? Not successfully.

Does RIM wish to stay in business? Most certainly.

Successful companies, teams, and individuals evaluate past performances, failures and successes, and adjust their current and future paths accordingly. We have seen the Playbook previewed, that no one believed was possible from RIM just a few months ago.

Why would Wallstreet be upgrading RIM stock if the current business outlook was that dismal. I guess financial experts don't look at 2-5 year old data either. I will continue to pick through the rumors, evaluate them against past performance AND current market conditions and draw my conclusions from there. ASSumptions and all.
    12-01-10 01:42 PM
    Today, 12/1/10, the Storm 2 is running $199.99 on contract at VZW.

There are 16 other new Android, Palm, and BB devices currently available on VZW for less than 199. And the S2 was running less that 199 this summer.

So why would it go back to $199 you might ask yourself. Well, as a corporate exec with foresight, I would raise the price back up, to discourage sales. Why would I want to discourage sales on a device? Because I might have a far superior device about to launch, and I don't want to be attracting buyers to this one, and then have angry customers and further bad press besmirching the launch of my new flagship. 3-4 months from now is too far out for the price hike in my opinion.

Face it, this place is full of sour grapes. Everyone ran out and bought an S1, then started crying about when an S2 might come out. When it did, they cried that they weren't given FREE upgrades. Lame.

Still rocking my S1, looking forward to the future.
    12-01-10 02:01 PM
    the storm 2 is 199 again because its holiday time and many storm 1 owners now are available to upgrade again. the device will sell because average people dont know jack squat about LTE or the possibility of the storm 3. it has nothing to do with a newer better model coming out
    12-01-10 02:08 PM
    It will be a longggg time before we see a 4g Blackberry on Verizon come out.
    12-01-10 02:12 PM
    the storm 2 is 199 again because its holiday time and many storm 1 owners now are available to upgrade again. the device will sell because average people dont know jack squat about LTE or the possibility of the storm 3. it has nothing to do with a newer better model coming out
    So you believe Verizon is convinced that a 2 year old Storm 1 owner will be so happy with the performance of their S1 that they will pay 2 bills for a 1 year old, outdated phone, instead of the shiny new Droid X or Fascinate, whose pictures are plastered all over the store and television? They'll be so smitten to ignore the $50 savings of choosing a $149 Droid 2 or Incredible? Or save a hundy on a $100 Bold?

But wait, that's not all!!! You say all those devices (save the fascinate) are Buy One Get One free!? And the S2 is not???

Do some serious research before popping off.

Customers who have no knowledge of emerging technology, buy what they are sold. Human psycology + Crapola Sellology 101.

Prices drop by higher subsidization. Prices rise by cuts in subsidization. Why stop subsidizing a product? Because you are NO LONGER pushing it. Are S2 glossies back up in VZW corporate stores? I think not. Quite the opposite I'm guessing.
    12-01-10 02:54 PM
    I just started a new thread for this news in news and rumors didnt know it would be in a thead for the refresh that was canceled anyway LOL
    12-01-10 03:42 PM
    yes and those devices are USB data devices as VZW states on the site. The first phone will be a android device, most likely the Incredible HD/Mecha that is tentative release for either later this month or early January. and several other android based devices are to follow.

RIM will not have an LTE device out until atleast the playbook launches. They will have to be QNX based.

Im just telling you how it is. RIM is not going to lead the way with LTE. But they will have several phones/devices out in Q2 next year
    QNX for BlackBerry smartphones will not be out for a while. Maybe Q4 2011 if we are lucky. We will see many new BlackBerry devices with OS6 before then.
    12-02-10 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD