Now that it's illegal to use your phone in the car, I've purchased 3 bluetooth headsets -- and I can't hear on any of them.

I thought it was the headsets, but then I found a link on the blackberry site that says the low bluetooth volume is low "by design". Is there a way to improve the max volume?

I'd love to post the link but I'm not allowed to yet.
    07-07-08 07:28 PM
    I don't have any problem hearing my BT under normal conditions. As a matter of fact, this is the first time I'm hearing such a theory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-08 07:42 PM
    I haven't had a problem with bluetooth volume either, with three different headsets. You can post the link by typing it with * instead of .'s We'll figure it out.
    07-07-08 10:59 PM
    alright. Here's what I read:
    hxxp://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04 265&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=155044320&stateId= 0%200%2073461357

Is there some other setting on my blackberry that allows volume adjustment? I have the volume all the way up on both the blackberry and the bluetooth device.

Also, if I pair with my bluetooth logitech headphones (for music), it's loud and clear. If it's my (bad) choice in bluetooth headsets, please suggest a model that has loud volume. I'm willing to buy another if need be.
    07-07-08 11:45 PM
    alright. Here's what I read:
    hxxp://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04 265&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=155044320&stateId= 0%200%2073461357

Is there some other setting on my blackberry that allows volume adjustment? I have the volume all the way up on both the blackberry and the bluetooth device.

Also, if I pair with my bluetooth logitech headphones (for music), it's loud and clear. If it's my (bad) choice in bluetooth headsets, please suggest a model that has loud volume. I'm willing to buy another if need be.
    The url wouldn't resolve all the way to the page, but it got me close enough. I typed "bluetooth volume" into the search engine and found this text:

"When making a phone call with a handheld running software version 4.0 or later, the volume on the Bluetooth headset is lower than the volume with software version 3.8. The volume level in version 3.8 was set higher than intended. The volume level in version 4.0 or later is by design."

This sounds like what you're referring to. All I can say is, I used bluetooth headsets with a 7250 that was running 3.? software and now with my 8830 running 4.2.2.176 and I have not experienced any low volume issues. I'm unaware of any volume settings other than the vol buttons on the headset. I also have medical records showing my hearing loss is slightly worse than normal for a 49 year old male. None of which helps you any, I know. Perhaps there is something wrong with your blackberry.

I've recently used Plantronics 665 and 8xx headsets. I returned them both for reasons unrelated to volume. I used a Plantronics 320 with the 7250. It was the best I've owned, but I lost it. There are a lot of users in the forums with Blue Ant headsets, as well as Jawbone and Jabra 8040's. If you haven't tried one of these, you might.

Sorry I can't be more help, but your experience is just not typical of blackberry bluetooth.
    07-07-08 11:59 PM
    I myself was not really happy with the jawbone. I had it set up on 4 devices (if I remember right) and on all the volume was really low. I could barley hear it with volume maxed on everything. My next shot will probably be the blue ant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 01:33 AM
    I went through about three different sets and finally settled on a jabra 8040. it just got some getting used to with it fitting in my ear but no problems now.
    07-08-08 07:36 AM
    Welcome to CB!!

sorry to hear your are having problems with your bluetooth... this does not seem to be a Berry problem, but a BlueTooth problem

Look into getting a different headset!!
    07-08-08 07:38 AM
    I bought a Motorola S9, but when I use it with my BB Bold and Curve, the volume y TOO LOW! VERY LOW, I raise it to the max and it still VERY LOW, also I cant control the volume on the headset nor change the songs

any help?
    10-01-08 11:36 AM
    I use the jawbone, it's the same one I have had for almost 2 yrs, and I have had 3 different phones. 1st was a krazr... 2nd was a bb pearl...and now the curve.. and it was the same on all 3 phones...... I actually have to turn the volume down when I use the Jawbone.....
    10-01-08 11:44 AM
    I use the jawbone, it's the same one I have had for almost 2 yrs, and I have had 3 different phones. 1st was a krazr... 2nd was a bb pearl...and now the curve.. and it was the same on all 3 phones...... I actually have to turn the volume down when I use the Jawbone.....
    Well when I use the Motorola S9 to make a phone call it works perfect. it is loud, but when I use it to listen to music, it is VERY LOW.

Besides This is a stereo headset, when you make a call it goes to mono and you only hear on the side of the mic.
    10-01-08 11:58 AM
    I've got this same problem on my Bold, when I connect it to my Kenwood DNX7200 navigation unit, i can see the blutooth volume level is at 50% and there is no way to increase it up on the Bold. I have to increase the volume on the nav unit manually to get an audible conversation. This is OK but when the call ends, my ipod/stereo come back in and the volume is deafening!
    Anyone found a workaround yet? Its really annoying!
    07-11-09 04:05 PM
    I'm also having the same issue with a Bold 9000. Using it on a Jawbone and also when pairing to my cars radio volume is to low.

If anyone knows how to correct this or a work around that would be great info.

Thanks, Doug
    10-25-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD