Does anyone know how to increase the bluetooth volume of a Pearl flip 8230? I pair it with a 2006 BMW 330. (My Motorola Razr works fine with the same car.) I can turn up the car to full volume, but can still barely hear a conversation, and the person I am talking to says they can barely hear me. The volume buttons on the phone do not seem to work on a bluetooth call. The volume icon remains at 3 of 5 bars. I have fiddled with all the options I can find: Echo control, Automatic Volume Control, Enhanced Audio.
    09-09-09 01:54 PM
    2 ways to do it

-raise the volume during a call: turn up the volume in a conversation by pressing the side "up" button (excuse me for forgetting the part name)

-go to home screen, press the call key, then the blackberry key, click on option, then general option, the general settings should be there, and it should affect the bluetooth side as well,

otherwise, go to "manage connections" in the main menu, select bloothtooth options, then the device name, the option for it SHOULD be there

good luck
    09-10-09 06:20 PM
    2 ways to do it

-raise the volume during a call: turn up the volume in a conversation by pressing the side "up" button (excuse me for forgetting the part name)

This may be Verizon specific, but the phone volume buttons seem to be diabled during a Bluetooth call.

-go to home screen, press the call key, then the blackberry key, click on option, then general option, the general settings should be there, and it should affect the bluetooth side as well,

The only volume setting I can see there is the default call volume which is set to 100%. It has no effect on a Bluetooth call. The Volume icon still shows 3 of 5 bars.

otherwise, go to "manage connections" in the main menu, select bloothtooth options, then the device name, the option for it SHOULD be there

The only setting here seems to be "Echo Control". It has no effect on volume. It appears the Bluetooth volume control is disabled in the phone.

good luck
    This does not seem to work. Thanks anyway.
    09-11-09 05:56 AM
    I wonder if this was done to prevent people with BT earbuds from getting inadvertently blasted, if RIM didn't realize that BT "headsets" could include automotive stereo systems, I can see someone following this logic.

I don't have an answer, but this is a reasonable theory.
    09-11-09 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD