I was just trying to run down my battery, and at a certain point, the blackberry I have just turns off the antenna/radio so you can no longer make phone calls or send text messages. Has anyone else run into this? I then plugged my phone into the charger assuming my reception would come back, but no luck, I even turned off the phone and turned it back on and nothing. You have to wait until there is some charge on the phone before you can make a call? Any ideas or experiences with this are welcomed as always.

On a side note, how do people first charge their battery with their blackberries, do you let it run all the way down until the blackberry turns off then charge it all the way back up? Or do you just plug it in whenever? Does it really matter anymore with these batteries nowadays?
    12-28-07 07:35 PM
    There has to be certain amount of juice to keep the radio on to receive calls,even while other features can still operate at a extremely low charge.
    12-28-07 07:48 PM
    The information included with the BB says to run it down to 10-20% and charge it fully three times. Then you can plug in and charge whenever you want.
    12-28-07 11:37 PM
    I had noticed that too with Mylee (my Pear)l, but I always drain Hannah (my Curve) and I haven't noticed it yet. Matter of fact I'm at 10% now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-07 12:05 AM
    My old 7105 would go a long time on a low battery as long as I was on a call. Once I hit end, it would turn reception off. I don't think I've been that far down yet on my Curve.

12-29-07 10:14 PM
    I know I have let my battery down to 0% and the phone never shut off! About once a month I let my phone go down to 5 % then charge!

Charlie

12-29-07 10:34 PM
    I charge my phone about twice a week.. lol. The battery owns.
    12-29-07 10:40 PM
    With the advent of a lithium battery, it is no longer necessary to run the battery low before charging it. On the contrary, it is recommended that frequent topping off of the battery will extend it's life.
    12-30-07 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD