Hi all,
    My friend has sent me the questions below that I can't answer and so I am putting the questions out there --she really needs some input here please.
    Does anyone know:
    1. Can you put a verizon palm centro smartphone sim card into an unlocked apple 3Gs 32gb iphone and will it work? How do you do this if yes?
    2. Can you put a blackberry bold 9000 smartphone sim card into an unlocked apple 3Gs 32 gb iphone and will it work? How do you do this if yes?
    3. Does the iphone have a sim card in it if it comes unlocked?
    4. My friend saw an apple iphone for $153.61 at this link (here's the link-- just know I had to spell out the 1st 2 dots in the link so just put the .'s back in where it has [dot] please and don't have any spaces):

iphone 3GS 32GB WIFI Qualband dual sim BLACK / WHITE offical ...USD138.98 Wholesale Price at DHgate[/url]). Does anyone think that this is too good to be true- Some professional opinions here about this from anyone? Does anyone know how to weed out the phoneys from the real deal guys please-- hate to see people ripped off!- My friend is asking if there are certain questions someone should ask when buying unlocked phones over the internet???
    12-27-09 03:48 PM
    The unlocked iphone will work with Sim cards from the other phones...the only thing I'm not sure of is that the iphone may have a different data plan than the other phones and the iphone may not work properly but I'm not 100% sure. And if you buy an unlocked phone it will not come with a Sim card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 04:15 PM
    verizon does not have sim cards unless its for international use?????
    bold sim card yes.......
    sim card in iphone probably not in your buying from some one does not work for att.
    yes that deal seems oddly to good to be true. i would advise you to call or email them in regards to the price and specifications. if you can speak with a live person that would probably be for the best.
    12-27-09 04:21 PM
    1. Verizon doesn't use SIM cards in the US.
    12-27-09 04:21 PM
    Thanks so much for your reply.
    Tell me something else, if you got another type of phone from Verizon would that work with the iphone? And what phone would you want to get?- the Blackberry (which one- I assume one with the right kind of sim card??)? If so would you need any specific plan- my friend wonders if you can even get a Verizon phone to work with it at all?? Verizon claims you can't. Is that only because they have to say this?
    And will the blackberry bold 9000 phone from AT&T work?
    Also, did you see the link to the iphone- do you think that is a credible place for my friend to purchase this iphone from? I am not knowedgable enough to give her the correct opinion- thought you guys could give your opinion on this?
    Thanks so much for your help- I appreciate it very much!
    abbe
    12-27-09 04:29 PM
    You cannot use the iPhone on Verizon's network. iPhones are GSM devices. Verizon is a CDMA carrier. In the US, iPhones will only work on AT&T and T-Mobile, not Verizon or Sprint.
    12-27-09 04:33 PM
    Another Question- can you use the iphone without any provider if it is unlocked- I assume you need some kind of sim card to make it work, right? So, if you didn't want any provider is there any way to make it work- are there any sim cards out there that aren't at&t or t-mobile? Any open source kind of thing out there? Just wondering- This probably sound totally stupid but I just wanted to ask.
    12-27-09 04:41 PM
    "Without any provider"? What does that mean? You need a provider if you want phone service and/or data.

Also, you really should ask iPhone questions in an iPhone forum in order to get the best answers.
    12-27-09 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD