CDMA is getting all the new stuff? What about GSM? (Sorry the pearl 9100 dosent count IMO due to lack of full qwerty). Thoughts?
    Last edited by RWWackoStu; 04-27-10 at 10:07 AM.
    04-27-10 09:48 AM
    I haven't been using a BlackBerry that long, but from what I can tell, GSM is the one that usually gets the love. (9700, 9000, 8900) Also, I noticed in the past GSM usually get the cool phones first and then CDMA follows. From my end (CDMA) nice to see a change :P
    Last edited by Seven.07; 04-27-10 at 09:53 AM.
    04-27-10 09:50 AM
    I thought the slider was GSM?

Personally, you GSM guys can have that 9670. That thing is nasty.
    04-27-10 09:52 AM
    Wow, how arbitrary. Nothing new coming out for GSM except the ones you dismiss because they don't have a full keyboard.

Reality check perhaps?
    04-27-10 09:56 AM
    I agree on the 9670. Would like to see more specs on the slider.
    04-27-10 09:57 AM
    I haven't been using a BlackBerry that long, but from what I can tell, GSM is the one that usually gets the love. (9700, 9000, 8900) Also, I noticed in the past GSM usually get the cool phones first and then CDMA follows. From my end (CDMA) nice to see a change :P
    Exactly. GSM has had it's time in the sun. Come over to the dark side if you don't like it
    04-27-10 09:58 AM
    Wow, how arbitrary. Nothing new coming out for GSM except the ones you dismiss because they don't have a full keyboard.

Reality check perhaps?

So because I wont use it, buy it or even consider it I need a reality check? I do acknowledge it's existence, however it is not a practical phone for the applications I use a Berry for therefore , yes it is not on my radar. That I guess is my "reality".
    04-27-10 10:00 AM
    Wow OP's comment about the new Pearl is an epic fail IMO. I think RIM hit a home run with that phone, the styling is very nice and it looks like they actually put effort into it not like the Tour 2, I mean Bold 9650...
    04-27-10 10:03 AM
    So because I wont use it, buy it or even consider it I need a reality check? I do acknowledge it's existence, however it is not a practical phone for the applications I use a Berry for therefore , yes it is not on my radar. That I guess is my "reality".
    Your OP said nothing about "your" preference, you made a general statement that was in fact incorrect.
    04-27-10 10:04 AM
    Understood, however GSM recieved the 9700, so it only makes sense that the 9650 follow after that. Now the 9100 has been released for GSM first, maybe next we'll hear about the 9670 coming thru, one than the other, than the other...
    04-27-10 10:05 AM
    Wow OP's comment about the new Pearl is an epic fail IMO. I think RIM hit a home run with that phone, the styling is very nice and it looks like they actually put effort into it not like the Tour 2, I mean Bold 9650...

I am very glad that you like it, and that is your opinion. My opinion is that it is not practical to my Blackberry use.
    04-27-10 10:10 AM
    I was just about to say, I wonder if their flagship device, the 9700, counts as love, considering it only came out like 6 months ago. Clealry not, though.
    04-27-10 10:10 AM
    Your OP said nothing about "your" preference, you made a general statement that was in fact incorrect.
    I since edited the original post to make sure it was my opinion being stated. Point Taken.
    04-27-10 10:11 AM
    I was just about to say, I wonder if their flagship device, the 9700, counts as love, considering it only came out like 6 months ago. Clealry not, though.
    Six months in an eternity in the tech world. It's always "whats coming next". You cant tell me your not interested in what a Storm 3 would be.
    04-27-10 10:13 AM
    Six months in an eternity in the tech world. It's always "whats coming next". You cant tell me your not interested in what a Storm 3 would be.
    Yep and the manufacturers love it. Along with advertising etc. the companies get rich while the "I have to have the latest and greatest now" that's been pounded in your head since birth keeps you poor or working extra hours to pay for your toys.

Maybe I'm just poor LOL, but I can't drop $500 every month when something new and better comes out. Then again I don't care either since I don't need or have to have the newest thing and have no desire to keep up with the Joneses.
    04-27-10 10:21 AM
    I find it pointless getting a new phone more than once every few years. But my PC, I like a new one every year.
    04-27-10 10:26 AM
    Yep and the manufacturers love it. Along with advertising etc. the companies get rich while the "I have to have the latest and greatest now" that's been pounded in your head since birth keeps you poor or working extra hours to pay for your toys.

Maybe I'm just poor LOL, but I can't drop $500 every month when something new and better comes out. Then again I don't care either since I don't need or have to have the newest thing and have no desire to keep up with the Joneses.
    Thanks for the generalization. As the owner of a 20 year old car, and a 100 year old house and a person who is generally frugal, I am not a keep up with the Jonses kind of person. I would have dropped my 8520 for a 9700 a months ago if I was. However, as I am approaching my 1 yr and have the ability to upgrade, yes I would like to have something with the 512 mb memory to handle OS 6.0. If that fits some stereotype, then call me Mr. Jones.
    Last edited by RWWackoStu; 04-27-10 at 11:13 AM.
    04-27-10 11:10 AM
    I occasionally wonder, but then I realize I'm actually very happy with my Storm2 and unless the Storm3 has SurePress, won't be leaving it anyways. I'm not going around like a crack fiend looking for my next leaked information fix, though. Odds are that will be CDMA with (possibly, supposedly) LTE compatability regardless, so what good does that do GSM users?

I guess just being content with your device is out of the question though, huh?
    04-27-10 01:08 PM
    yeah, we give our cdma sloppy seconds to gsm providers! lol...sorry, but couldn't resist.

You guys get some of the better ones before we do...
    04-27-10 01:10 PM
    I am very happy with my Curve. As I stated above, I am approaching my 1 yr and have the ability to upgrade, and yes I would like to have something with the 512 mb memory to handle OS 6.0.
    04-27-10 01:10 PM
    Bold 9700 / Storm2 are 6.0 capable, with 256mb, which leaves the chance that the Curve2 might be capable as well. Who knows. Just saying though, holding out for a 512 device when there are currently available 256 devices that have been 'confirmed', seems kind of pointless.

Not to mention who knows when any of them (excluding the 9650) are coming out.
    04-27-10 01:14 PM
    What's new on the CDMA side?
    - 9650 - we've been waiting on this for quite a while.
    - 9670 - really???
    - 9130 - some time in the future...

On the GSM side...
    - 8980 pics came up recently.
    - 9100, all the 9700 power in a smaller size
    - 9800? Slider pics have already been seen.

Seems like a steady flow for both sides. The 9650 catches up with the 9700. We still haven't seen pics of the Dakota, but that is thought to be GSM as well...
    04-27-10 02:59 PM
    CDMA is getting all the new stuff? What about GSM? (Sorry the pearl 9100 dosent count IMO due to lack of full qwerty). Thoughts?
    SIM cards?
    04-27-10 03:45 PM
    Looks pretty even to me.

GSM usually gets things first. It always seems like the CMDA side is always playing catch.

Since the 9700 is the current flagship device, will the 9650 be the new one?

I wish they still called it the Tour...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD