Hey guys,

So back when the Z10 was just released, I had shipped a brand new Z10 (Koodo) which I had unlocked to a buyer in Mexico.

Problem now is it appears the package was never scanned when I dropped it off at the Canada Post outlet.

Basically they have no record of it ever being placed into their system, aside from the electronic packing slip information that was generated via PayPal.

Is there a way to check the IMEI from that phone, to see if someone has activated it on a carrier?

I don't want to point fingers, but my gut is telling me the young man at the outlet saw what I was shipping... didn't scan it into the computer... and simply took it home for himself

Advice?

I have the IMEI from when I unlocked it, and it shipped without a SIM card

Cheers!
    Last edited by sappo569; 03-01-13 at 04:36 PM.
    02-28-13 04:00 PM
    I take it thats a no ...?
    03-01-13 03:49 PM
    i hope you insured it.
    03-01-13 04:07 PM
    Do you have the PIN of the phone as well? And the original purchase receipt?

The PIN is to send it a message if you want

With the receipts, it sounds like you would have a case against Canada Post...

Posted using my Cando-American Z10 via CB10
    03-01-13 04:08 PM
    If you purchased it from a carrier then you can call them with the number and they can let you know that. Had to do that with an old phone I had. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 04:26 PM
    Ok an update... and this clears up a lot of questions.

So the reciever just emailed me that the phone had arrived.... and get ready for this:

Mexico Customs is charging him $200 in customs fees, PLUS they removed the battery and kept it.

I am quite relieved the package arrived, but what the heck???

I even marked the package as 'broken, for repair' incase customs tried to pull that crap.

Has anyone delt with Mexican Customs before, can something like this be disputed?
    03-01-13 04:31 PM
    From what I've heard from friends, unlikely...

Posted using my Cando-American Z10 via CB10
    03-01-13 05:07 PM
    Ok an update... and this clears up a lot of questions.

So the reciever just emailed me that the phone had arrived.... and get ready for this:

Mexico Customs is charging him $200 in customs fees, PLUS they removed the battery and kept it.

I am quite relieved the package arrived, but what the heck???

I even marked the package as 'broken, for repair' incase customs tried to pull that crap.

Has anyone delt with Mexican Customs before, can something like this be disputed?
    Well.....I live in Mexico and flew North to pick up my Z10 because of this type of scenario.

It's not 'Custom Fees' per se, it would be the 16% IVA (same as GST but more expensive) on the purchase price, plus whatever fee the broker decides to charge. Even though the Z10, ironically, is made in Mexico, Mexican carriers generally charge a premium for high end phones. So, if you low-balled the price, Customs would have attached a realistic price to it. Although I don't know what you charged your customer, I'll assume it was valued at $800. $800 * 16% = $128 plus broker fees of $70?.....certainly not unheard of.

Now....keeping the battery? That's just strange. I've never had a package screwed with in that manner before - but - certainly within the realm of possibility.

What part of Mexico is your customer in? I'm heading North shortly, I might be able to buy a spare battery and mail it to him internally within Mexico....
    raino and sappo569 like this.
    03-01-13 06:53 PM