So I lost my phone today. I'm not that bothered about getting a replacement. Whats bothering me is that someone has access to all my account info, calender, e-mails, and contacts.

I have canceled services and changed my passwords but is there anyway the phone can be remotely cleared or block someone from swapping a SIM card and using my content? I'm going to Verizon tomorrow but I highly doubt that I will get anyone that knows what their talking about.
    09-05-09 04:58 AM
    Unless it was password protected or you have a service app installed that includes a remote wipe, no. A password lock on the next device would wipe the phone of your data after 10 unsuccessful pw attempts. There are a few apps that you can install that will allow you to remotely wipe the device and often track it down. They will be listed in the 3rd Party apps forum. Sorry for your loss, I know it sucks.
    09-05-09 05:09 AM
    10-08-09 07:26 PM
    10-08-09 07:39 PM
    E-GPS = 4.99 one time fee
    Smrt guard = 3.99 per month
    You make the choice.
    10-08-09 07:49 PM
    Smrt Guard is also email based so without email it is useless. Roblock sounds good and if e-GPS proves itself I would say it's the best value. Besides, the back up feature that everyone likes in Smrt Guard can be done free from home on your PC.
    10-08-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD