iv lost my fone today and i was wondering how easy it would be for whoever found it to get into the data on my memory card?

my bb had a password lock on it..

thnx in advanced
    06-28-11 06:09 PM
    i know if they enter the password wrong 10 times it will wipe the fone.. does this mean it wipes the data off the memory card?
    06-28-11 06:26 PM
    they could pull the sd card out of the phone. if encryption is not enabled on the card then the data is open to all for viewing..
    lolplolp likes this.
    06-28-11 06:29 PM
    but if they had the memory card inside the fone.. and entered the password wrong 10 times, does the data on the memory card get wiped too?
    06-28-11 06:38 PM
    No. It only wipe the phone itself.
    lolplolp likes this.
    06-28-11 07:12 PM
    A password lock is a great first step, but it's only one part of BlackBerry security. Did you have encryption enabled and, if so, did you encrypt media files? If your media card files were encrypted, they would not be able to be read in a card reader ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lolplolp likes this.
    06-28-11 07:21 PM
    im not sure wether it was ecrypted so im guessing it wont be unless thats the default setting?
    06-28-11 07:30 PM
    Probably not ... Sorry. Where do you think you lost your BlackBerry? Is there any chance no one will find it (like at the side of some road)?

06-28-11 07:36 PM
    This is a dumb question for someone who already has Blackberry Protect installed and operating, but can you recover lost data from a lost phone, at least as of the time of the last backup? Including on the memory card? And I know there is also a setting wherein you can locate a lost phone if it has Blackberry Protect installed and the proper settings turned on. Its available free at BB Application World. I know it may be a case of closing the barn door too late for the OP.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    06-28-11 10:09 PM
    This is a dumb question for someone who already has Blackberry Protect installed and operating, but can you recover lost data from a lost phone, at least as of the time of the last backup? Including on the memory card? And I know there is also a setting wherein you can locate a lost phone if it has Blackberry Protect installed and the proper settings turned on. Its available free at BB Application World. I know it may be a case of closing the barn door too late for the OP.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Yes, any data that was backed up to BlackBerry Protect can be transferred to the new device, that is one of its prime uses. As for media card, no, that isn't part of the backup process. You can sign into BlackBerry Protect with your new device and run it as an online Device Switch Wizardn which is a boon to users with bad USB ports.

06-28-11 11:49 PM
    A remote wipe on the BlackBerry or a security wipe ( due to a wrong password being entered 10 times) is basically the same thing where in everything in the device memory is cleaned up and all your personal data like contacts, text messages, emails are removed. Now about the memory card, the blackberry memory card needs to be setup for encryption that means - locking it as well. Once that is done then the memory card too cannot be read without a password.
    06-29-11 04:27 AM
    I think they'll just format the memory card, regardless of what was on it, unless it was sexually explicit photos or videos... Then they'll likely share those on the web IF they're that type of person...

06-29-11 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD