My friends Blackberry from Bell was stolen 2-3 weeks ago and the sim was deacticated however she received no word that Bell deactivated the pin or anything. Today, I re-added the pin wondering if whoever got it was using my friends pin and guess what, someone was using it! My friend and I sent a BBM notifying the user to kindly return the phone or we would press charges as well as bar the phone.

Right now however, I'm not sure if Bell can still do that because its been 2-3 weeks. We still have the pin but will they be able to go anywhere with the Pin? ( E.g lock the phone, bar it).

We have assumed the phone is being used somewhere in Ontario, most likely Toronto. We don't have any tracking on it but we want to stop the pin from being used.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 07:41 PM
    Phone carriers can block phones from being used. Does your friend have the box the hone came in? That box will have the IMEI number of the phone on it.

Give Bell a call, that should be your first order of business.
    10-16-11 07:45 PM
    Yes she indeed does have her IMEI and the box as well. What do we say to Bell when we contact her?
    10-16-11 07:58 PM
    1.) go to your local police dept and file a report for the stolen phone. include the IMEI and PIN in the report. include where it was lost and that someone is indeed currently using it. copy down the police report incident number.

2.) call bell and tell them the phone was stolen, and that you reported it to the local police. give them the case number. tell them the phone is currently in use on another persons account. they wont be able to give you the users info, but you can ask them if they can either flag the account and pass it off to their fraud dept or if they can block the PIN/IMEI.

3.) if all else fails, does she have blackberry protect on the phone? its probably too late, but she can try to lock it or track it.
    10-16-11 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD