Good freaking gracious. Google tells me some apple stores have averaged over A MILLION per day!! Wow. Who says retail is a tough gig? Lol
    Ah... so these are the salespeople talking people out of buying BBRY products...
    richardat likes this.
    03-10-14 10:34 PM
    I live in NYC and have yet to see one person using a BB10 besides the wife and me. I still see Bolds and curves. I have a Q and a Z, my wife has a Z. Going to be honest, we both tried the iphone 5s, good phone, but not a blackberry .That one button iPhone icrap is not for me. We kept them for one week sent them back. I also tried a Moto x, great phone, but still not a BB, kept it twoweeks and sent it back..Thank goodness for 30 day returns. I wanted to explore and see what the hype was about ( no hype ). Just people think its cool, I think owning a BB is even better. I bought a Z10 out of pocket from At&t because my wife's died, and the sales person is trying to talk me out of it, I said please just get my Z already, they did not even know how to use it...ha...... There is nothing like a BB, just the best. I switch back and forth from my Q to the Z every other week. I have been using a BB since the 7100i , 8350i, 9650 , 9670 Style , 9810 torch , Bold 9900 and then the Z and Q. So for whatever it's worth, I'm sticking it out until the end. BlackBerry for life.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    03-10-14 10:39 PM
    That must have been really frustrating OP. I can certainly relate, I've gotten my mom into a Z10 and my sister is using a 9900. My brother was originally thinking of getting a Q10, but there was so much pressure to get an iPhone that I didn't even bother trying any more. The fact is I stopped caring what my family members got. If they want an iPhone because their friends have one or because there are so many cases to pick from, well good for them.

For me my Z30 is the best phone I've ever owned and every single person I've sold one to has absolutely loved it. A BlackBerry isn't the phone for everyone, and I've come to accept that. Any chance I can though, I happily sell and recommend BlackBerry's. Of course being in Canada helps, it's much more accepted and less of a toxic environment then it is in the US. Since Chen has taken over I see much less negativity surrounding BlackBerry and I have even noticed more people walking around with them lately. My go to phone to sell is the Z30, but I even sold a Q5 today which was a pleasant surprise. I really do hope BlackBerry keeps making great phones like the Z30 though. Every single customer that has come back to me has raved about it and said they love it.

As BlackBerry fans we just have to accept that we are going to win some and we are going to lose some. The key is to not let the losses distract us from the potential victories that are around every corner.
    anon(3732391) and WanShark69 like this.
    03-11-14 01:04 AM
    (This isn't directed toward you... I'm only replying to the comment,)
    No one can talk another person out of anything. Only you can make that decision. If you get talked out of something, it's because YOU allowed yourself to be.
    It's just as easy to say "NO!"
    People just don't stop to realize that they CAN say no!

But then, for the most part, Earths "Higher Intelligence," can't think for themselves and actually believe what they're told.
    That's why the top 1% have more money and success than the entire 99%. because the most powerful force in the universe is GOSSIP!

and.. one last thing:
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night!

... end of rant!
    I was hoping Richardat would get the joke, but I agree. Salespeople are not the ultimate cause of BBRY's current fortunes.

Some would disagree.
    anon(3732391) and richardat like this.
    03-11-14 01:43 AM
    Yea, when my friends see my Q10 they think that I got it for free and my iphone 5 was broken. They cant believe that I bought BlackBerry Q10.

But im more than happy with this device.

Q10
    03-11-14 01:46 AM
    " So I go "WtF?". And she says "we were in SanFran and the whole group went shopping in the Apple store, I went to a BlackBerry store, all by myself and it was empty, I tell you d-e-a-d!
    BlackBerry has a SF store?

Posted via CB10
    David in Durham likes this.
    03-11-14 02:00 AM
    So if we put your story in perspective:

She choose a toy in a "Toys R Us" store instead of a brand new car in a well designed "Dealer".

Poor Life Choice? I take it.

BLACKBERRY4LIFE!
    xBURK likes this.
    03-11-14 02:33 AM
    He is right, though. iTunes sucks. Period. My opinion, of course.
    If on a PC then yes it is bad.
    03-11-14 05:34 AM
    You "upgrade your device" generally" every two years anyway. So, you still don't have much to loose.
    I'm gonna keep enjoying my BlackBerry till the company " may or may not...."
    And, those to weak to wait will be back like a Tsunami, depending on the "may or may not" issue.

It's just a small digital handheld device that, while it's convenient, really isn't that important in the grand scheme of things.
    15 short years ago, you had to pull over and shove a bunch of coins into a pay phone when your beeper went off.
    And, it was so cool if you had a beeper. Made ya feel real important.
    Everyone has a mobile device now.
    But,BlackBerry users still stand out in the crowd!
    When I had my Timeport pager.... I was the coolest thing on the street!!! I loved my pager
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    03-11-14 07:30 AM
    I have to admit that there is something about the Apple store.. My entire family is on Apple products.. We have Apple TV, 4 MacBook Air's, Imac, 4 iphone 5S's, 6 Ipads (yes, my daughters have 2 each, one for school and a mini for fun)...... So I am in the Apple store a lot.... and whenever I do, I feel that I should go back to my Iphone.. I am sucked into their world. It is marketing at its best...

A couple of weeks ago I was in the Apple store getting something for my daughter and I had to call her and ask her a question.. I pulled out my Z30 and I felt really out of place. The guy I was working with didn't say anything but he was looking at me like I had a piece of wood up against my ear...

Then an hour or so after leaving the store the feeling wears off and I am back loving my Z30..... I need to stay out of there!!! LOL
    xBURK and anon(3732391) like this.
    03-11-14 07:36 AM
    It comes down to people believing whatever they are told or read!
    The "general" population wants to be told what to do. They're followers and can't think for themselves. That's the nature of Humans.
    So now that the majority of people want something else besides a Blackberry they are "followers and can't think for themselves"?!

Back when Blackberry ruled the mobile industry, were these people still sheep?! Or were they making intelligent decisions because they were supporting your brand?
    Last edited by Oneshortsleeve; 03-12-14 at 02:55 PM.
    03-11-14 08:02 AM
    So now that the majority of people wants something else besides a Blackberry they are "followers and can't think for themselves"?!

Back when Blackberry ruled the mobile industry, were these people still sheep?! Or were they making intelligent decisions because they were supporting your brand?
    Again you are on crackberry. When bb ruled majority were still sheeps, you were just less likely to see it mentioned on here just like you will struggle to see people on imore mention isheep. Common sense mate

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 09:12 AM
    So now that the majority of people wants something else besides a Blackberry they are "followers and can't think for themselves"?!

When BlackBerry ruled the market, many people had one because they were doing what society claimed was "the thing to do" not because they were making a decision to support BlackBerry. At that time many people didn't even "need" a BlackBerry but thought a BlackBerry would make them look cool or sophisticated.
    People love to be told what to wear, what music to listen to, what food to eat, what books to read, what car to drive, the list goes on and on and it includes which phone to buy. Many call it "being normal" to use and do what the rest of society uses and does. Humans are easily influenced by many factors and "is this the right thing for me" is way down on the bottom of the list.
    03-11-14 09:59 AM
    We need a sticky: "Lost a friend to another platform? Post Here!"

So we can get rid of all of these redundant threads popping up.
    03-11-14 10:25 AM
    I was hoping Richardat would get the joke, but I agree. Salespeople are not the ultimate cause of BBRY's current fortunes.

Some would disagree.
    Many unfortunately do disagree.

They also don't realize the large amount of phones people pre-order or buy online, where there is no rep available to pressure them, cause you know when that Live Chat prompt/dialog pops up in that browser 99.9% of them click "No Thanks" with the quickness.

But then I guess they'd blame the carrier for not having a half-page Blackberry ad on their home page...

Don't think that will ever stop, Lol.
    richardat likes this.
    03-11-14 11:32 AM
    Well, first of all, the Z3 is not meant for the States. Mr. Chen said he has to stop the bleeding first and foremost. In four short months, he has developed and produced an emerging market phone for BlackBerry's biggest customer, Indonesia. He has also been on an extensive world tour trying to hold on to enterprise markets.
    I know it's not pleasant to think of BlackBerry leaving the hands of customers, but that's the reality of it. If his plans pan out, the next big high end device launch will show how serious he is at turning this around. Until then, they can't afford to do anything except stop the bleeding and develop products that won't flop as before. Myself, I think people are going to be surprised at the next launch of a BlackBerry 10 product in North America. He has a team that understands what has to take place now.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-11-14 12:09 PM
    BlackBerry has a SF store?
    Not really. They have a couple of cell phone stores on Market near the Apple Store that sell BBs, but there's no "real" BB store. I think that was part of the point: Apple provides something that BB does not.
    03-11-14 12:10 PM
    What BlackBerry needs to do is tap into people's mind sets. I know that on the "House of Cards" hit program, it is stated that only powerful smart people use BlackBerry. I will not state what they said about Apple users. This photo below is not a good example of what is needed, but something like this without putting another company down would work. BlackBerry has to change the perception. Like it or not, successful companies tell you what you need and they're not one bit shy in doing so.

Lost another friend to 'designed in California'...-img_1394499602662_edit_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 12:20 PM
    So Blackberry loses one customer but gains 7000, new ones, hey that's life. I'm sure your friend will realize she made a mistake real soon, as you keep showing her how amazing your BB10 device is and how antiquated the Iphone is LOL.
    Thats hilarious. If you really believe BB is adding more users per (insert any measure of time) than Apple, I have some beachfront land in Iowa to sell you.
    richardat likes this.
    03-11-14 01:39 PM
    When BlackBerry ruled the market, many people had one because they were doing what society claimed was "the thing to do" not because they were making a decision to support BlackBerry. At that time many people didn't even "need" a BlackBerry but thought a BlackBerry would make them look cool or sophisticated.
    People love to be told what to wear, what music to listen to, what food to eat, what books to read, what car to drive, the list goes on and on and it includes which phone to buy. Many call it "being normal" to use and do what the rest of society uses and does. Humans are easily influenced by many factors and "is this the right thing for me" is way down on the bottom of the list.
    No way. Never would anyone buy a BB for any other reason that absolutely needing one for very important business communications. How dare you presume to tell us people who bought them would ever have done it because they were the IN thing and they wanted to be like the cool people who had one.
    richardat likes this.
    03-11-14 01:43 PM

Some would disagree.
    LOL. Just did a minute ago when reading down the thread! ;-)
    03-11-14 01:51 PM
    Dumb hoe.

So what if it was empty? Buy the phone anyway.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 02:45 PM
    The only people we stand out in the crowd to are current Blackberry users. No one is looking at your phone thinking "wow, that guy is different!" They aren't thinking anything at all. The only person that has ever commented on what phone I'm using was the only BB10 user I've ever seen, to which he commented "hey you have one too, don't see many of these." The general population doesn't know and rightfully doesn't care what phone anyone is using.
    Thank you so much for this, I'm literally applauding because I couldn't have said it better myself. I don't know what it is but people act like since they have a BlackBerry then they're better than everyone else. Also while thinking that people are brainwashed or sheep because they pick a phone other than a BB while being mind numbingly oblivious to the fact that they think anything is inferior to a BB and are too close minded to actually use anything else. Thank you for calling out the sheer and blissfully unaware amounts of hypocrisy going on.
    TgeekB, TGR1, donnation and 1 others like this.
    03-11-14 05:19 PM
    Buying an iPhone is NOT a mistake... if you like the phone better than it isn't a mistake.... Its a choice!!
    03-11-14 08:15 PM
    Bad initial references. Porsche is the most profitable car company and people are willing to pay 2 to 5x the price of a Toyota for one. BB is not in the same game. Most of you would not pay 3x for a BB.
    03-11-14 08:30 PM
89 1234