My apologies I did change my post.

Posted using a Z30
    Thank you. I live in the U.S. on the border with Canada and like to believe it's the friendliest border in the world.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    03-10-14 06:28 PM
    Thank you. I live in the U.S. on the border with Canada and like to believe it's the friendliest border in the world.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Don't worry TGeek! We're fighting for you!

#BlackBerryUnleashed

Posted via CB10
    MERCDROID likes this.
    03-10-14 06:48 PM
    What I find disturbing is that some of you are actually having conversations regularly with people on what phone they are using and why. I mean I like to talk about it on here but outside of that it just seems weird.

Don't people look at you like "wtf is the matter with you, it's just a phone, not a life decision!"
    03-10-14 06:50 PM
    Well that's just dumb then. If she had an iPhone and knew what she wanted and was 100% happy with it, I don't see the reason for asking the OP. Obviously she didn't know what she wanted is why she went to the BlackBerry store. Sadly the BlackBerry store is probably a cemetery with a logo on it

Posted via CB10
    I didn't say she was "100%" happy with it, I said she was "obviously happy", exactly how happy? I don't know...happy enough that she decided to buy another iphone.

As to why she asked, it sounds as though the OP felt she was genuinely interested - if that's the case, she had an open-mind (rather the opposite than what some are claiming), but ultimately made a decision for the iphone. The other possible alternative is that she really wasn't that interested, and perhaps wasn't really interested in advice (for all we know, she never really "asked" the OP). Given the rather extreme reactions of the OP, and his reasoning, I don't know that we can trust him to judge what she was thinking - after all, by his own admission, he was shocked and couldn't understand what happened.
    03-10-14 06:51 PM
    Don't worry TGeek! We're fighting for you!

#BlackBerryUnleashed

Posted via CB10
    I feel so much better now.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-10-14 06:53 PM
    My apologies I did change my post.

Posted using a Z30
    Thanks. Seriously. That post was ugly, and ridiculous - I strongly suggest not using asinine comedy bit segments as evidence! In Canada, we have more than enough, invalid, American-bashing.....
    03-10-14 06:55 PM
    What I find disturbing is that some of you are actually having conversations regularly with people on what phone they are using and why. I mean I like to talk about it on here but outside of that it just seems weird.

Don't people look at you like "wtf is the matter with you, it's just a phone, not a life decision!"
    Especially if you're so busy "getting things done". Where do they find the time?

Phone fanatics. I hope there's a rehab center for us somewhere.

richardat and Berry_Pink like this.
    03-10-14 06:55 PM
    I wish people would stop with the Anti American stance. I know BB is not doing to well in USA but it's not so much America's fault it's more to do with the Media and carriers there!
    Don't people get sick of this stuff??? COME ON MAN....

Aside from the loony toons conspiracy stuff....aside from the fact that a Korean company is cleaning up in the US, aside from the fact that the US president uses BB, aside from the fact that the US was a former stronghold, THE FACTS REMAIN:

BB is NOT doing well in Canada.
    BB is NOW not doing well anywhere...aside from South Africa and a couple other small locales - and this will change soon
    The US carriers threw a TON of support/advertising toward BB10 - they did FAR better on their end than BB did on theirs!

The drop in Canada, though slightly delayed, and slightly muted, has been precipitous to say the least...not all that different from what happened in the US. Ironically, the slight buffering likely game from jingoism....which is exactly what a lot of posters call for here "I'm Canadian so...."....

BB's drop in the US had nothing at all to do with American nationalism, it was Canadian nationalism that made the drop in Canada a LITTLE less dramatic - though in the end, not much different.

I know some of our American forum friends may be thinking - due to the anecdotal accounts here - that BB is flying high in Canada, that they fly off the shelves, that sales were terrific, that everyone thinks highly of BB here - well....it's not true.
    03-10-14 07:06 PM
    Especially if you're so busy "getting things done". Where do they find the time?

Phone fanatics. I hope there's a rehab center for us somewhere.

Lol I am am fanatic about them as well, but I don't try to tell people what phone they should use or why. Why recommend something that they might not like? Why even have a conversation about phones in the first place when there are a billion more interesting things to talk about? I don't know, just my thoughts on it.
    03-10-14 07:07 PM

It's like vegans, LGBT, uber-religious folk, cross-fitters, engineering/med students. People let their struggles (perceived or real) identify them, and I guess for many BlackBerry users BlackBerry's struggle is their struggle...

But to the point of why BlackBerry struggles to gain traction. It has nothing to do with BlackBerry at this point, and all to do with whether Apple and/or Android screws up! Think about it, unless you are a real tech geek, you probably never look past what you have or see on the first shelves... UNLESS it doesn't meet your needs.

It happened with BlackBerry. Everyone had one, it was great... but then people's needs evolved and BlackBerry's capabilities slowly failed to satisfy those needs. Only when they were almost literally forced by BlackBerry to seek an alternative did they go out of their way to log in to a geeky tech site, or walk into an electronics store to find something else.

So.... until Apple or Android oems drop the ball... the general population (not anyone with a CB account---unless they just wanted to see an attached picture on a forum post) will not suddenly migrate back to any alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 07:08 PM
    IPhone is pretty cute I would have gotten one if I am a lady so as long as she is not regret about her choice that is fine

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 07:15 PM
    It's like vegans, LGBT, uber-religious folk, cross-fitters, engineering/med students. People let their struggles (perceived or real) identify them, and I guess for many BlackBerry users BlackBerry's struggle is their struggle...

But to the point of why BlackBerry struggles to gain traction. It has nothing to do with BlackBerry at this point, and all to do with whether Apple and/or Android screws up! Think about it, unless you are a real tech geek, you probably never look past what you have or see on the first shelves... UNLESS it doesn't meet your needs.

It happened with BlackBerry. Everyone had one, it was great... but then people's needs evolved and BlackBerry's capabilities slowly failed to satisfy those needs. Only when they were almost literally forced by BlackBerry to seek an alternative did they go out of their way to log in to a geeky tech site, or walk into an electronics store to find something else.

So.... until Apple or Android oems drop the ball... the general population (not anyone with a CB account---unless they just wanted to see an attached picture on a forum post) will not suddenly migrate back to any alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    Very good way of looking at it. But I think the people above are a little different. Those people you mentioned are living a certain way of life. A Blackberry is just a phone and doesn't define anyone (if it does that's just sad). Being a Vegan or fitness freak, or very religious actually can define who you are. I don't see how a phone company or phone could define who anyone is.

Lol I can't stand any of the above types you mentioned as well which is why I guess I'm not like that when it comes to phones, or anything else in life.
    03-10-14 07:15 PM
    Very good way of looking at it. But I think the people above are a little different. Those people you mentioned are living a certain way of life. A Blackberry is just a phone and doesn't define anyone (if it does that's just sad). Being a Vegan or fitness freak, or very religious actually can define who you are. I don't see how a phone company or phone could define who anyone is.

Lol I can't stand any of the above types you mentioned as well which is why I guess I'm not like that when it comes to phones, or anything else in life.
    Well, I don't really mind or care what they do as part of their life style,.. the issue is with it becoming the thing they talk about and aggressively promote as if it's who they are and thus somehow makes them superior. Which is exactly what many of us here at CB are wayyy too guilty of doing: tool not toys, security, blah blah, therefore we are better than them.

I mean, I'd like to think I am better than them... but mostly because I eat bacon and sleep in on Sundays.

Posted via CB10
    MERCDROID and grydlok like this.
    03-10-14 07:38 PM
    Sometimes I feel sorry for the fashion slaves... but not very often.

Their loss. /meh
    03-10-14 07:49 PM
    The only people we stand out in the crowd to are current Blackberry users. No one is looking at your phone thinking "wow, that guy is different!" They aren't thinking anything at all. The only person that has ever commented on what phone I'm using was the only BB10 user I've ever seen, to which he commented "hey you have one too, don't see many of these." The general population doesn't know and rightfully doesn't care what phone anyone is using.
    I have had a lot of interest in my phone. The problem is people believe that the company is bankrupt. And I am tired of having to explain on behalf of BB. I just show what I love about my phone.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    Qurve likes this.
    03-10-14 07:55 PM
    Well, I don't really mind or care what they do as part of their life style,.. the issue is with it becoming the thing they talk about and aggressively promote as if it's who they are and thus somehow makes them superior. Which is exactly what many of us here at CB are wayyy too guilty of doing: tool not toys, security, blah blah, therefore we are better than them.

I mean, I'd like to think I am better than them... but mostly because I eat bacon and sleep in on Sundays.

Posted via CB10
    Lolol
    03-10-14 08:09 PM
    There is a BlackBerry store in San Francisco? That's news to me. Anyone here expected a BlackBerry store to be busy in California? lol.
    03-10-14 08:28 PM
    I call BS no apple store is selling 100k a day. Hope she like iTunes the software sucks so bad..
    MERCDROID and spikesolie like this.
    03-10-14 08:50 PM
    I call BS no apple store is selling 100k a day. Hope she like iTunes the software sucks so bad..
    Yes, BB link is head and shoulders above it.....
    MERCDROID and bbq10l like this.
    03-10-14 08:57 PM
    Yes, BB link is head and shoulders above it.....
    He is right, though. iTunes sucks. Period. My opinion, of course.
    03-10-14 09:31 PM
    I'm pretty sure she said/mean $100,000 of sales per day. Remember that the store sells computers, iPads, AppleTVs, networking stuff, etc. too; it's not just strictly iPhones. But, if you've seen the store (I've been by a couple of times), it's not hard to believe that figure at all.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-10-14 09:35 PM
    I'm pretty sure she said/mean $100,000 of sales per day. Remember that the store sells computers, iPads, AppleTVs, networking stuff, etc. too; it's not just strictly iPhones. But, if you've seen the store (I've been by a couple of times), it's not hard to believe that figure at all.
    I don't know the store at all... In fact on a side note, I've never set foot in any apple store.... But with items like desktops , laptops, and phones perhaps averaging 1000$ or more, ypou would only need sell 100 units or so, to reach those numbers. Given the success of apple stores it isn't hard to believe they hit that some days. In fact judging by the lineups I saw at a non description apple store in a Canadian mall this winter, I'd be surprised if that store wasdnt hitting that during the Christmas rush.
    03-10-14 09:57 PM
    If the number is accurate, then it's a reference to $100K in sales a day, not 100K units.
    03-10-14 10:01 PM
    If the number is accurate, then it's a reference to $100K in sales a day, not 100K units.
    Good freaking gracious. Google tells me some apple stores have averaged over A MILLION per day!! Wow. Who says retail is a tough gig? Lol
    03-10-14 10:06 PM
    Q4 2013 (October) : average revenue per store of $10.9 million. Or ~3 million a month, which would mean 100k daily is only average (check my math!)

I will be interested to see how sales are affected once the Brazil-built Apple products start filling the Rio store. Prices should be dramatically lower.
    03-10-14 10:15 PM
89 1234