So she is a long time BlackBerry user. Was in the US on a business trip and before leaving asked me what upgrade to get to her BBOS phone (Europeans love shopping for cheap electronics in the US!) She tried my Q10 and decided to go for it. She also has a personal iphone. Company she works for is small and has a BYOD policy.

Saw her yesterday after coming back and asked "Show me your new BlackBerry!" Guilty face, then mumbled: "I got an iphone... " So I go "WtF?". And she says "we were in SanFran and the whole group went shopping in the Apple store, I went to a BlackBerry store, all by myself and it was empty, I tell you d-e-a-d! Then I went back to the Apple store...someone said that store alone does 100k in sales per day!"...At least she is a hardcore BBM fan...

There was recently a thread about the/a BlackBerry experience...Don't want to reopen it but the lack of any marketing since Chen arrived is already too conspicuous (do we even have the Z3 exact specs yet?) Or maybe the advertising dollars are saved for the new devices and Q10/5/Z10/30 are considered not worth the effort?

We all like to think of our BlackBerry phones as the Porsches of smartphones, which is fine, and probably a fact; but we all know that Toyotas sell the most worldwide. And we are fine with that because we know a Toyota will never be a Porsche. Yes, it's an elite club, the 911 hasn't changes that much for 30+ years (bring the trackpad back!...yeah!...)

Seems to me that at BlackBerry they forget that before user experience, comes customer experience which presently sucks across the board. And on the other side there's an experience that sucks you in...

It all makes sense but for a company that's not public. Being listed means you should be ready to take indiscriminate market beatings and punishments (and sometimes for all the wrong reasons). And being listed means you have 'peers' and a bunch of ratios, and if you suck at your ratios, you suck in general, and you get spanked...

? Q1O
    Last edited by Qurve; 03-10-14 at 03:29 PM.
    03-10-14 03:01 PM
    That sucks. The Q10 would have been a good choice.
    03-10-14 03:06 PM
    You can't expect to sell a product that everyone thinks is "out of business", at least thats the perception here in the USA. Until someone up there in the Blackberry corporate offices in Waterloo can start some sort of rebuilding campaign here, I afraid it's only going to get worst.

The only thing I hope is after all the carriers drop support for the Blackberry brand here, that Blackberry themselves will support whats left of the user base here in the USA? Based on what little support we have received in the last six months, I am beginning to wonder?
    H_O_Boomaye and anon(5061193) like this.
    03-10-14 03:11 PM
    It comes down to people believing whatever they are told or read!
    The "general" population wants to be told what to do. They're followers and can't think for themselves. That's the nature of Humans.

Chen DOES know what he's doing. A lot of people "with Blackberry's" complain about the company and about Chen and anything else they can think of regarding
    BlackBerry.
    What I don't get is why they still continue to use a BlackBerry Device!

Personally, I don't believe anything unless I heard it from Oprah or read it in The National Enquirer!
    And, I've been as happy as a pig in....... mud, all the years I've had a BlackBerry and I won't get caught up in what may or may not happen, until it may or may not happen.
    People are leaving Blackberry. That's the problem.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-10-14 03:34 PM
    Yes because BlackBerry needs to give us a new device asap. They can't wxpect to wait till Christmas after the iphone 6, galaxy s5 and new HTC one are released.

Posted by Antoniius via my sexy white Q10.
    03-10-14 03:39 PM
    Not complaining, just observing people left and right leaving BlackBerry for all the wrong reasons...(but then humans are rarely fully rational as economic theory likes to believe). If the grand business plan is enterprise and some device business (on the side) fine.

Custom pins, BBM stickers and ads, great, there's merit in each of these but nothing grand. Guess we sit and wait what happens on the device front.

? Q1O
    03-10-14 03:40 PM
    Releasing a new device at the same time along with Apple and Samsung will be the worst strategy ever I think...

? Q1O
    03-10-14 03:43 PM
    Not complaining, just observing people left and right leaving BlackBerry for all the wrong reasons...(but then humans are rarely fully rational as economic theory likes to believe). If the grand business plan is enterprise and some device business (on the side) fine.

Custom pins, BBM stickers and ads, great, there's merit in each of these but nothing grand. Guess we sit and wait what happens on the device front.

? Q1O
    Your perception is they are all leaving for the wrong reasons.

People switch brands. Its usually because the company did nothing to keep them from leaving. Blackberry is currently trying to fight their way back. They have some decent products. Popularity does matter. It will be a tough fight.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-10-14 03:50 PM
    You "upgrade your device" generally" every two years anyway. So, you still don't have much to loose.
    I'm gonna keep enjoying my BlackBerry till the company " may or may not...."
    And, those to weak to wait will be back like a Tsunami, depending on the "may or may not" issue.

It's just a small digital handheld device that, while it's convenient, really isn't that important in the grand scheme of things.
    15 short years ago, you had to pull over and shove a bunch of coins into a pay phone when your beeper went off.
    And, it was so cool if you had a beeper. Made ya feel real important.
    Everyone has a mobile device now.
    But,BlackBerry users still stand out in the crowd!
    Yes you do.....

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-10-14 03:54 PM
    You "upgrade your device" generally" every two years anyway. So, you still don't have much to loose.
    I'm gonna keep enjoying my BlackBerry till the company " may or may not...."
    And, those to weak to wait will be back like a Tsunami, depending on the "may or may not" issue.

It's just a small digital handheld device that, while it's convenient, really isn't that important in the grand scheme of things.
    15 short years ago, you had to pull over and shove a bunch of coins into a pay phone when your beeper went off.
    And, it was so cool if you had a beeper. Made ya feel real important.
    Everyone has a mobile device now.
    But,BlackBerry users still stand out in the crowd!
    And I like standing out for the crowd. But people like following the crowd. While the BlackBerry crowd gets smaller...I want the company to be around so that I can use its products. Amen!

? Q1O
    acovey likes this.
    03-10-14 03:58 PM
    And I like standing out for the crowd. But people like following the crowd. While the BlackBerry crowd gets smaller...I want the company to be around so that I can use its products. Amen!

? Q1O
    The only people we stand out in the crowd to are current Blackberry users. No one is looking at your phone thinking "wow, that guy is different!" They aren't thinking anything at all. The only person that has ever commented on what phone I'm using was the only BB10 user I've ever seen, to which he commented "hey you have one too, don't see many of these." The general population doesn't know and rightfully doesn't care what phone anyone is using.
    03-10-14 04:11 PM
    It comes down to people believing whatever they are told or read!
    This example was the result of neither.

Qurve's friend had her own, personal experience, and saw with her very own eyes, the difference between the Apple experience and the BB experience. Apple had a full store humming with buzz, trained folks providing service, and happy customers. BB had a store that was bleak and empty.

That experience spoke louder than any article in the tech press, or any carrier representative.

I'm not an Apple fan, but the truth of this can't really be denied.
    TgeekB, 21stNow, Drew808 and 6 others like this.
    03-10-14 04:13 PM
    I gained a friend, and a brother for the Z30 today,yeah.
    03-10-14 04:18 PM
    And I like standing out for the crowd. But people like following the crowd. While the BlackBerry crowd gets smaller...I want the company to be around so that I can use its products. Amen!? Q1O
    If you like standing out of the crowd, you're absolutely in no way "better" than those who want to fit in, in fact, you're exactly the same. In both cases, you are too concerned with what phone other people are using.

I don't believe most people over age 15 buy a phone because they want to "fit in". Actually if they did, BB would still be on top, since it had an overwhelming lock on the market only a short time ago. I believe few iphone or android users buy one because they want to "fit in"....in fact, I think the segment that came closest to this was BB back when they were the choice of business and people wanted to "fit in" in those circles to project the right job image. Tools not toys righto eh?!! Power users! Businessmen! Tech savvy! Funny...we still get a lot of those lines here even today.
    03-10-14 04:55 PM
    This example was the result of neither.

Qurve's friend had her own, personal experience, and saw with her very own eyes, the difference between the Apple experience and the BB experience. Apple had a full store humming with buzz, trained folks providing service, and happy customers. BB had a store that was bleak and empty.

That experience spoke louder than any article in the tech press, or any carrier representative.

I'm not an Apple fan, but the truth of this can't really be denied.
    Yes lost on people, and apparently the OP, is that "she also has a personal iphone".

She knew exactly what she was getting. It's also telling that she had to be "embarrassed" and mumble - probably because she knew well the OP is the type that would respond "WTF!" ...then go off and write about the "incident" on the internet. She is obviously happy with her iphone, and I doubt very much she was ever as committed to buying a q10 as the OP may believe.
    MERCDROID, bbq10l, aniym and 1 others like this.
    03-10-14 05:05 PM
    Eh... I'd probably forgo the normally-functional "Napa Valley" wine if I bothered to make the trip all the way to France.

She got caught up in the hype... ah well.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 05:12 PM
    Yes lost on people, and apparently the OP, is that "she also has a personal iphone".

She knew exactly what she was getting. It's also telling that she had to be "embarrassed" and mumble - probably because she knew well the OP is the type that would respond "WTF!" ...then go off and write about the "incident" on the internet. She is obviously happy with her iphone, and I doubt very much she was ever as committed to buying a q10 as the OP may believe.
    Well that's just dumb then. If she had an iPhone and knew what she wanted and was 100% happy with it, I don't see the reason for asking the OP. Obviously she didn't know what she wanted is why she went to the BlackBerry store. Sadly the BlackBerry store is probably a cemetery with a logo on it

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 05:25 PM
    sounds like she lied to you because she changed her mind or felt obligated to tell you she was going to get a Q10 after you did a sales pitch to her

blackberry doesnt have its own stores so she must have gone into a regular phone store which wouldnt have been dead and empty, she felt guilty when she looked at you and mumbled which indicates she knew you would flip out on her for her choice which is a bit sad because its just a phone not something important a friend should get mad over, she already has a personal iphone so she knew she liked the platform and if she really wanted a blackberry the fact that the store was dead wouldnt have mattered, she could have still gone in and bought the phone
    richardat, web99, aniym and 1 others like this.
    03-10-14 05:29 PM
    Her personal iphone is 'because of the iphone i'd got for my 15y old daughter, I have to be a cool mum'.

? Q1O
    03-10-14 05:34 PM
    I am just going to throw this out there. I am a BlackBerry fanatic just ask my kids! I personally have seen more BlackBerry appearing since John Chen has started at BlackBerry. I know that I am a Canadian and close to BlackBerry head offices but seriously I have see a ton more. I was at the gym last night and the lady working out beside me had a Z10 and she loves it. I go to business luncheons and see 6 BlackBerry and 2 iPhone and 2 Samsung at my table. It will be a slow growth. Start close to home and build outwards.

Posted using a Z30
    Last edited by Creativeink72; 03-10-14 at 06:20 PM.
    03-10-14 05:37 PM
    I am just going to throw this out there. I am a BlackBerry fanatic just ask my kids! I personally have seen more BlackBerry appearing since John Chen has started at BlackBerry. I know that I am a Canadian and close to BlackBerry head offices but seriously I have see a ton more. I was at the gym last night and the lady working out beside me had a Z10 and she loves it. I go to business luncheons and see 6 BlackBerry and 2 iPhone and 2 Samsung at my table. It will be a slow growth. Start close to home and build outwards. Screw the US for now. Just watch Rick Mercers "Talking to Americans" and that will answer a lot of your questions. Again BlackBerry needs to do things right. Make lots of changes and grow the market again. I have 3 teenagers with Z10 and they never complain anymore like they used too "I want a iphone!". My daughter at University talked with me last night saying one of the girls there is going to get a Z10 as her iPhone broke when she dropped it. It is coming Change is happening but it is SLOW!

Posted using a Z30
    So your priorities are love Blackberry and hate on Americans? Just want to be clear.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    21stNow, MERCDROID and richardat like this.
    03-10-14 05:51 PM
    Actually they do have very stores just very few of them

They are popular among government officials in Indonesia for accessing people's bbms

Google it

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-10-14 05:51 PM
    So Blackberry loses one customer but gains 7000, new ones, hey that's life. I'm sure your friend will realize she made a mistake real soon, as you keep showing her how amazing your BB10 device is and how antiquated the Iphone is LOL.
    03-10-14 06:05 PM
    I wish people would stop with the Anti American stance. I know BB is not doing to well in USA but it's not so much America's fault it's more to do with the Media and carriers there!
    03-10-14 06:10 PM
    My apologies I did change my post.

Posted using a Z30
    richardat and MERCDROID like this.
    03-10-14 06:20 PM
89 123 ...