I switched my phone with a friend for 4 days. he wanted to try out my phone. now after four days i got my bold 4 back. I lost all my data when he used my phone so my bbm has been wiped out and my contacts aswell. Now i got my phone back. I dont mind restoring my contacts back by broadcasting and making it my status but my bbm is asking for a blackberry ID. What is that? is it the email address subscribed to my phone when i bought the bbm connection? Without the bb id im not allowed to install facebook or whatsapp back to my phone as they were deleted too. Please help
    06-13-13 02:41 PM
    Yes that is it.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 02:53 PM
    its not accepting it. I know exactly the email i subscribed when i went to the connections office. And it was a hotmail account. i did not have a blackberry email. just one email on my phone. and it was a hotmail account. ive tried the hotmail account, it wont accept.
    06-13-13 02:57 PM
    Hmmm....you could go to blackberry.com and change your password.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-13-13 02:58 PM
    I have some help coming please stand by!
    06-13-13 03:38 PM
    Here is the link to the BBID webfront: https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...ogin?i=4760188

Try to get your BBID password resert and one that's done, see if you can log back in with your Bold. Once you do, open BBM and it should hook to the servers and load your contacts/groups back.

Keep us posted and welcome to the forums.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-13-13 03:57 PM
    I would also install Blackberry Protect and set it to monthly backups. It has saved me a few times.

Sent from my BBRY using Tapatalk
    06-13-13 07:35 PM