I've been using verizon z10 now for about 7ish months and I get laughed at every single time I pull out the phone, or people mistake it for an iPhone. Then they'll say, "who still uses a blackberry?"
    The name blackberry is of course symbolic, but what about a model in which the name defines the phone?
    I know for a fact 70% of Samsung Galaxy users in L.A. don't know the galaxy is made by Samsung. Just the fact it's a galaxy. Blackberry phones don't have defining names to them but mere model numbers that basically make sense to blackberry owners and sound like nerd talk. So regardless if it's a Q or Z series, they're both be referenced as "blackberries" not "the Z phone" or "Q phone".

Just some thoughts after this happened to me at McDonald's today.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 06:30 PM
    Very shallow people there!

I would like a name instead of a number, the z10 was liverpool, why not keep that?

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    03-31-14 06:36 PM
    Who gives a "richard the third" about what anyone thinks.
    03-31-14 06:38 PM
    Never actually experienced this in Canada. Never. As a matter of fact, I make fun of people who whip out the iPhone. Just to be antagonistic ....lol

They are usually is such shock, they don't know where to put themselves

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 06:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Making fun of your BlackBerry whilst he's wearing those shoes !!

Posted from my Z30 via CB10 app
    03-31-14 06:58 PM
    Just proves you are not one of the "sheep"....

"Dogs may bark but the caravan moves on."
    03-31-14 06:59 PM
    I haven't had anyone make fun of me here in Philadelphia except my fiance who just does it to antagonize me and even then, he was interested in trying out BB10 when I had two Q5s but didn't want to take the time to learn the gestures.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 07:10 PM
    I've been using verizon z10 now for about 7ish months and I get laughed at every single time I pull out the phone, or people mistake it for an iPhone. Then they'll say, "who still uses a blackberry?"
    The name blackberry is of course symbolic, but what about a model in which the name defines the phone?
    I know for a fact 70% of Samsung Galaxy users in L.A. don't know the galaxy is made by Samsung. Just the fact it's a galaxy. Blackberry phones don't have defining names to them but mere model numbers that basically make sense to blackberry owners and sound like nerd talk. So regardless if it's a Q or Z series, they're both be referenced as "blackberries" not "the Z phone" or "Q phone".

Posted via CB10
    The trick is to shame them at their own game. There are plenty of things you can show on your phone to prove them. Snap Google play? Android apk installs? Great browser? Fast switch between apps and messaging while setting on the same app? Come on man. It's not that hard. Alternative is to get better friends lol.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-31-14 07:34 PM
    I' ll make fun of iPhone users, I will sometimes mention iPhones are designed for 14 year old teenage girls

Posted via CB10
    melb_me likes this.
    03-31-14 09:24 PM

So. . . what did you do after homeroom?
    03-31-14 11:21 PM
    How do you know for a fact that 70% of them don't know that their Galaxy is made by Samsung?

I live in LA too, and no one is mean to me about BlackBerry. It's more like... they want me to join in them in some promised land of iOS and Android. I don't want to join them. I won't join them.

The naming issue is tricky, because the names from before, the Pearl, Curve, Style, Bold, Storm, Torch.. they all are seen as being from the past. I wasn't into the new naming system at first, but the phones themselves mean more to me than the names do.

Everyone knows what a BlackBerry is primarily used for. Everyone knows what an iPhone is primarily used for. A Galaxy is an alternative to an iPhone. There's nothing like a BlackBerry.
    04-01-14 12:31 AM
    OP, join our Cali BlackBerry BBM Group.

PIN 2B61DB17

Posted via Q10
    04-01-14 01:05 AM
    Use the kick a** browser to load up the McDonalds website and show them all the trans fat laden crap they are eating. Then trot of smugly to Subway!
    04-01-14 08:00 AM
    If that happens to me, especially with an iPhone user,I take the time to point out the HDMI port, universal USB port, NFC that I use with smart tags in my car and home, the Story maker app, awesome keyboard and bluetooth that pairs with other devices. All of which is missing with the IOS.

So who uses a BlackBerry? Someone who values expendable memories, swappable battery (my Z10 still have better battery life than most out there) and a phone with a screen that does not easily crack.

Otherwise, I leave everyone to their own devices as long as they r happy with it.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    04-01-14 09:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    So people out of the clear blue sky at a McDonald's in Los Angeles are giving you crap about the phone you're using? Sounds like you're somewhere on the East Coast. Around these parts, no one cares and just goes about their business.
    04-01-14 12:50 PM
    I've never liked the Q, Z thing either. I'd much rather an interesting, evocative name like the Galaxy has.

Z10
    04-01-14 05:52 PM
    I was in California last week and no one had anything negative to say about my BlackBerry which I had in my hands most of the time.

In fact while at the studios and at places they were filming a lot of people had BlackBerry Phones whether os 7 Bolds or the few Q and Z series phones I saw. No Z30 or Q5 though.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 06:35 PM
    I've never liked the Q, Z thing either. I'd much rather an interesting, evocative name like the Galaxy has.

Z10
    Or you know Bold, Torch, hell how about Phoenix, Cobalt, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    04-01-14 06:36 PM