From twitter

Lord Sugar ‏@Lord_Sugar
    Samsung S3 winning me over using a lot for email and performing well. Better than BB for twitter by miles.in Spain so checking the roaming

As a huge businessman in London and public figure surely this can't be good news?
    06-30-12 09:49 AM
    From twitter

Lord Sugar ‏@Lord_Sugar
    Samsung S3 winning me over using a lot for email and performing well. Better than BB for twitter by miles.in Spain so checking the roaming

As a huge businessman in London and public figure surely this can't be good news?
    Right, because the WHOLE industry, all the shareholders, the average consumer & RIM itself
    was just waiting for word on what Alan Sugar thought.

You really want to know what can't be good news? The number of people who will Google
    "Lord Sugar" because up until this point, they never heard of him.
    06-30-12 10:05 AM
    So you think a huge business leader in the uk (one of blackberrys biggest and best markets) saying he finds email better on the s3 better, you dont think thats worrying at all?
    06-30-12 10:10 AM
    Are you serious??? I don't think it is any more worrying than if you tell me you prefer the s3 better!
    My husband has that phone and hates it- but it is his work phone so he is stuck with it till it "falls off the roof".
    06-30-12 10:13 AM
    So you think a huge business leader in the uk (one of blackberrys biggest and best markets) saying he finds email better on the s3 better, you dont think thats worrying at all?
    No I don't. The United States is also one of RIMs best markets and the President of the United
    States is a huge fan of the BlackBerry.

Using your logic, in reverse of course, the US market should be doing MUCH better as the POTUS,
    leader of the free world carries a BlackBerry.

My point is that celebrity endorsements, or negative opinions have never moved BlackBerry
    sales to more than a marginal and immaterial extent. Nor have either had a material impact
    on the market position of RIM stock.
    06-30-12 10:18 AM
    Lord Who?

Exactly.
    06-30-12 10:25 AM
    to be fair lord sugar has been a big supporter of bb phones

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    06-30-12 10:27 AM
    Not really. Alan Sugar can say what he likes.

BlackBerrys are big in the UK but, as you probably know, it is mainly kids who buy them in large quantities. The low end Curves are what skool kidz use and one reason they buy 'em is because BBM is totally free.

I also think that they like the real keyboard because typing IS easier on that than on a cheap (the operative word here) touch screen phone.

I also think that most young kids thinks that Lord Sugar is just another rich old fart and will pay no attention to him. So, I don't think what Alan Sugar says will really make much difference to UK BlackBerry sales. He is in a different world.
    06-30-12 10:28 AM
    ... So, I don't think what Alan Sugar says will really make much difference to UK BlackBerry sales. He is in a different world.
    That's ok, because apparently so are we.
    06-30-12 12:13 PM
    to be fair lord sugar has been a big supporter of bb phones

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    It is no secret that BB has been losing users. It has also been gaining users, and at least until recently, gaining more than losing. But now that the ish has hit the fan, we will be inundated with news reports of every celebrity, luminary, and chucklehead with a twitter account who was a supporter BlackBerry but is now leaving for <insert other brand here>. It's the end of the world as we know it.
    06-30-12 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD