12-24-08 05:13 AM
    OOPS sorry for repost didn't see it had already been posted!
    12-24-08 05:22 AM
    Looks like there will be a jupiter in my future. The 8930 CDMA version of the 8900. Cool stuff. Thanks for the post!

12-24-08 05:46 AM
    Hang on - touchscreen bold? Storm slider? Have RIM just been reading the cb forums for new ideas??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 05:47 AM
    I would bite the bullet for early upgrade for VZW Bold. Thanks for the update Cipherdias.
    12-24-08 05:51 AM
    The Curve 9220 looks the best out of all of those ideas.

As I mentioned somewhere else. Hopefully they bump the on board memory up to at least 128MB+ from now on. I find it frustrating having to delete program after program to load new ones, especially with memory so cheap nowadays.
    12-24-08 12:50 PM
    so are we just never getting an ev-do phone with wi-fi? do they not care that signals may not always be the strongest inside buildings... which coincidentally is where most wi-fi locations are?
    12-24-08 03:19 PM
    Hmmm...9220 might be my new toy for next year...LOL@the name "Magnum"
    12-24-08 03:36 PM
    Pluto please.

12-24-08 04:12 PM
    BlackBerry Magnum and Pluto - touch screen BlackBerry clarification | QuicklyBored

I found this on doing some searching on the web...the person who wrote the article got the Magnum and Pluto mixed up but it looks interesting right?

Seeing how I have a Bold, I might have to go Pluto...
    12-24-08 05:05 PM
    In the chart under "Est. Timing" what does 1H and 2H mean? I know that CY09 is Calender Year 09, so what does 2H/CY09 mean?

I was going to upgrade to the 9000 Bold, I might have to wait till the "Magnum" or "Pluto" come out.
    12-27-08 06:39 PM
    In the chart under "Est. Timing" what does 1H and 2H mean? I know that CY09 is Calender Year 09, so what does 2H/CY09 mean?

I was going to upgrade to the 9000 Bold, I might have to wait till the "Magnum" or "Pluto" come out.
    1/2 half 2nd 1/2 of the year.
    12-27-08 06:49 PM
    Blackberry will just keep getting better........... Plain and simple!

12-27-08 06:52 PM
    oo interesting....
    12-28-08 10:12 AM
    Niagara for me. A Bold/8830WE hybrid is my dream phone!!!
    12-28-08 09:47 PM
    I really hope RIM doesn't get sucked into this touchscreen hype. But hey, whatever they need to do to attract new customers.
    12-29-08 12:25 PM
    Sweet. I'm getting tired of my typing mishaps on my Pearl, and it's minuscule amount of free memory compared to other devices.
    12-29-08 04:09 PM
    Hang on - touchscreen bold? Storm slider? Have RIM just been reading the cb forums for new ideas??

Seriously what is the purpose of those two?

12-30-08 04:43 AM

Techy appeal.....
    12-30-08 10:42 AM
    Will be mighty interesting to see if the new Bold aka Pluto will ever make it out. The touchscreen with the full QWERTY keyboard sounds pretty awesome but in reality it could be all hype and no substance. But i hope it isnt..at the mo i have the Bold and im very happy with it...the only phone i could see myself going to from the Bold is the new Bold...if there is such a thing.

A bit 2 minded on the touchscreen bit tho, not really a fan of touchscreens in general...didnt like the iphone and i sure as heck didnt like my HTC Touch Diamonds touch screen. It wasnt finger friendly to say the least...
    12-31-08 08:49 AM
    Techy appeal.....
    That's what I was thinking.

12-31-08 09:51 AM
    I'm actually looking forward to the possibility of the new Pearls... Even though I'm getting an 8900, I was considering a Pearl for its small size.
    12-31-08 11:47 AM

The Pluto (touchscreen Bold) will be great. A device with a physical keyboard and a touchscreen. Touchscreen navigation is awesome, and I find it much easier than using the trackball. A Slider Storm would be great for those who love a full sized touchscreen, but still want the physical keyboard. The purpose is to create newer devices, and to make devices that are suitable for everyone. The BB OS has been the same for a while now, with some improvements, new features and a face lift (4.6 and 4.7). They need to keep creating new designs to keep up with their competitors.

I can see the Pluto converting a very large number of Palm users, and people who love sliders will be very attracted to the Slider Storm.
    12-31-08 02:51 PM
    The Pluto (touchscreen Bold) will be great. A device with a physical keyboard and a touchscreen. Touchscreen navigation is awesome, and I find it much easier than using the trackball. A Slider Storm would be great for those who love a full sized touchscreen, but still want the physical keyboard. The purpose is to create newer devices, and to make devices that are suitable for everyone. The BB OS has been the same for a while now, with some improvements, new features and a face lift (4.6 and 4.7). They need to keep creating new designs to keep up with their competitors.

I can see the Pluto converting a very large number of Palm users, and people who love sliders will be very attracted to the Slider Storm.
    I agree. I bought my wife a Bold and love it but I am waiting (enduring is the better word) for the Pluto myself. I want the touch screen app navigation with the convenience of a full keyboard. Hope they can make it a bit thinner.
    01-02-09 10:05 PM
    I cannot wait. Hmm, the 9220. Now, where have I seen that model # before?
    01-02-09 10:30 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD