Offering Enterprise Solutions to android and iOS fans alike.

While I don't know what to think of it currently, it's big step for them.

And I know alot of you like this so called "security" that RIM devices offer. I say that because of all the GPS tracking. If you get the security of BES with the flexibility of Android or iOS would you make the jump?

Just an honest question not trying to start a flame fest but just curious. I see a lot of people wanting security, and this would offer it....

Here is the link to my source http://androidandme.com/2011/05/devi...n-for-android/

[sent via Cyanogen powered Android]
    Last edited by syb0rg; 05-02-11 at 02:24 PM.
    05-02-11 02:19 PM
    they are selling their services

i think several members talked about this awhile ago and it really seemed like a great idea. Just have to see how it will play out IRL
    05-02-11 02:23 PM
    If you get the security of BES with the flexibility of Android or iOS would you make the jump?
    No. BES is only one part of BlackBerry security. The other part is BlackBerry's unbreakable AES encryption of device and media card data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-11 02:36 PM
    . If you get the security of BES with the flexibility of Android or iOS would you make the jump?

[sent via Cyanogen powered Android]
    Nope

BES isn't only security, there are many other policies inplace, once an android or iphone was locked down fully like a blackberry, ALL of the advantages of the devices are gone. take away 3rd party apps, and web browsing limited to approved websites only and BB's are the better choice.
    05-02-11 02:43 PM
    No. BES is only one part of BlackBerry security. The other part is BlackBerry's unbreakable AES encryption of device and media card data.
    In case you didn't hear, RIM's security was recently compromised. So unfortunately they don't have the credibility they once did.
    05-02-11 02:44 PM
    In case you didn't hear, RIM's security was recently compromised. So unfortunately they don't have the credibility they once did.
    when coupled with BES and restrictions being in place the "hole" in webkit can't be exploited
    05-02-11 02:46 PM
    I am not sure how well this will sell. Many companies are dropping BES altogether, mainly due to expense. I know someone who works for a company as a BES admin. He says that his company is getting rid of BES this year and switching to Android. I am not sure if they will be using Good at this point.
    05-02-11 02:48 PM
    Are you talking about its Indian/Arab compromise? AES encryption has not been cracked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Tõnis; 05-02-11 at 02:51 PM.
    05-02-11 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD