I'm currently in the market for a new phone. I have an iPhone 4, a HTC Vivid, and a Samsung infuse. I had a blackberry pearl back when they first came out but then I got an iPhone 3g and didn't go back.

I don't know much about blackberry but I need something with WiFi capability. 3g network is fine but I also need something with decent battery life. I don't really care if it has a touchscreen or not either. All suggestions are welcome. I figured I would come to some of the most knowledgeable people about this kind of thing. Thanks guys.

Sent with my HTC Vivid via CrackBerry Forums for Android.
    08-31-12 01:47 PM
    Honestly, given the criteria you listed, just about any current BlackBerry will fit the bill. Outside of WiFi and the network employed are there any other specific metrics you consider important. Without that you are basically going to get a bunch of people recommending to you the phone they currently have (usually with superlatives like "BB xxx is the best", BB xxxx FTW, etc... )
    08-31-12 02:33 PM
    Well I've been doing some looking and I'm not a fan of the torch series. And I loved the trackball on my pearl but the click to select stopped working and had to use the enter key. Any thoughts on that are also welcome. Looks like the highest quality camera is a 5mp so that is something I'd like to have as well.
    08-31-12 03:03 PM
    In my opinion the "Bold" line would probably be the route I would suggest. They just feel more solid in your hand over some of the other models. I have had Curve's, the Style flip BB and on my second Bold now. In terms of build quality - I think the Bold series takes the cake in that respect. I am with you on the Torch line, I tried a 9800 for a couple days and it just wasn't for me. I prefer the physical keyboard and the sliding in and out got a bit annoying. Right now I am using the 9900 and up until a water damage issue a couple of weeks ago - I have been extremely happy. The physical keyboard and touch screen combo meld well together with this model. I know you mentioned you don't care if it's touch screen. I find with the 9900, having the ability to "slide" through messages and tap on the icons as you need just adds to the appeal.

Good hunting, hope this helps a bit.
    Captian4Phones likes this.
    08-31-12 03:19 PM
    What about hacking? I'm a veteran iOS jailbreaker and extreme n00b with android hacking. Is BlackBerry hacking even possible and if so is it worth it? (is there anything you couldn't live without that you cant do with a stock BlackBerry?)

On my iPhone I hated being stock. IntelliScreen X and Springtomize 2 were things that made me fall in love with iOS again. On android I use it for screenshots ad removal and cloud backup through TitaniumBackup. All of these you can't have without first gaining root access.
    08-31-12 03:52 PM
    I have used mostly all the devices. And I have to say the bold line is the Best! After a while the curves start to slow down due to low memory and slow processor speed after installing and increasing apps and memory. And using a Torch with touchscreen only, is a bit annoying to me because you get no feedback as far as when you type or select things. I like to be accurate when typing and know I'm pressing down something physical. And like the guy stated above, the torch with slide out keyboards get a bit annoying having to always slide out a keyboard when you need to type something. And they feel a lil top heavy when typing on the keyboard. Just doesn't feel right in the hands.

I use a Bold 9930 now and it is the BEST phone I have ever used. It does all the simple things well. The processor is fast so you get the most out of the OS and apps. The keyboard is smooth and easy to type on. And having a touchscreen, trackpad and keyboard just makes navigating around so fast and simple. So if you want a phone that will last you a long time, I suggest getting the Bold 9900/30!
    08-31-12 03:53 PM
    I have found a white bold 9000 unlocked for $135 on amazon. I would sure love to know if its worth it. I found a bold 9900 for $50 on craigslist but after talking to the seller I found out its for Verizon. AT&T or unlocked GSM is the route I need to take here.
    08-31-12 04:43 PM
    I advise waiting. There are several new big-name phones coming out in the near future. WP8 and iPhone5 are due soon, with BB10 in the not-too-distant future.
    08-31-12 04:52 PM
    In my mind the Bold 9000 is the "legend" per say, that started it all. It was the benchmark in the BlackBerry Bold line. And is probably the most similar in size and feel to the 99xx series. But you are back to your trackball with the 9000. so it's merely preference whether or not you want to deal with that "click" you mentioned above. As Max said, the 99xx series have fantastic processing speed and abilities. Camera is top notch, internal memory of 6 gb. The 9000 is nice, but it is a much older device.
    08-31-12 04:58 PM
    I'm super bored with iOS and I am not the world's biggest fan of windows phone. And I'm also not looking for a daily driver. I like to have options and honestly I need something more business oriented for my job and nothing fits that bill better than a BlackBerry.
    08-31-12 05:19 PM
    It comes down to budget then. I just picked up an all touch curve to replace my storm and I,m impressed with it. If you have the cash go for the bold
    spectre229 likes this.
    08-31-12 05:43 PM
    I say you browse around CrackBerry, look at threads, read users' comments, and then go to a store and play with a 9900 to make a decision.
    08-31-12 09:07 PM
    the 9000 sounds like the appropriate device for you
    or maybe a newer bold - 9700? don't know about battery life tho
    08-31-12 09:17 PM
    I suggest getting the new curve, the 9900 and the 9790 wouldnt fit you at all for their terrible battery life.

Or you could get the 9900 and buy an extra battery :P

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-31-12 11:59 PM
    The Bold 9900/9930 is an awesome device, the touchscreen/keyboard combo is great. Processor speed is fast. The Bold 9000 is a classic, but $135 seems high to me.
    09-02-12 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD