Hi everyone,

This is my first post on crackberry! I'm a first year Biomedical mechanical engineer and I've been designing phone cases (only for BlackBerry) to help pay for school and am looking for suggestions as to what you guys would like in a case for Z10,Q10 and Z30.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-10-14 07:18 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

I would like the impossible: Something really light but still incredibly durable, not adding bult but giving solid protection.

And in stainless steel.

I think I'd be able to go $25 for something like that... But it would have to look just right. I'm probably asking too much anyway. Good luck!
    KDB84 likes this.
    03-10-14 07:22 PM
    I'm actually building something pretty crazy right now with my dad (who works for a subsidiary of Intel). We would use some of the new software his team is building. I'm going to keep that top secret until it's more underway I only build for my fellow Canadian BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 07:33 PM
    I would love a stainless steel case for a z30.

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    03-10-14 07:34 PM
    I still have my palm Zire with hard case. Nice industrial design.it look like a book with a snap lock. A bit on the heavy side, but durable. It followed me to beach. Light splash of sea salt (mist of wave, sand, plus few drop of drink on the case cover. It protected the unit well except the water. Droped few times without even a dimple. Good old days when the quality build counts. I would like a light metal or tough plastic with good IDesign and hopefully water proof too. Eye candy (but not candy color) metallic that reflect sunlight with matt finish... Dreaming.
    03-10-14 07:58 PM
    Appreciate the input guys! I'm definitely going to look into the light metals seeing as they're popular! I do like the idea of a matte finish.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 08:11 PM
    http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTI3OVgxNTE0/z/Ns4AAOxyTjNSp0vT/$_3.JPG
    That is what I am talking about: aluminum top with rubber coated shock abosorb back (not slippy). However, use as a phone with an attached lid is not good: you need flip it off to answer the phone. Too clumsy. Otherwise, it is very well done case at the time. :-) IMO. Not every body's cup of tea. Consider you are warned.
    03-10-14 08:38 PM
    Would you consider making one for the Playbook?

I would be interested in a tri-fold for the PB. Three sections: one for the PB, one for the key board, and a third for a small tablet (moleskine e.g.) & pen. When closed up the keyboard & tablet sandwich & protect the PB. Design it so the tablet is either to the Left or Right of the keyboard - enabling Lefties & Righties.
    03-10-14 08:43 PM
    Stainless steel is nice however if you can incorporate a roller that shuts off the screen like the transform case from BlackBerry that will be nice, if there is some way to roll the cover away. I don't know if you remember the old bread pans of long ago the top rolled away, if you can just leave a hole for the LED and Jack ports that will be great. Its would be like how a garage door rolls in segments

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 08:49 PM
    Biomedical Mechanical Engineer?
    Grow me a (humanely produced) Shark skin case please.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    03-10-14 08:50 PM
    Hi everyone,

This is my first post on crackberry! I'm a first year Biomedical mechanical engineer and I've been designing phone cases (only for BlackBerry) to help pay for school and am looking for suggestions as to what you guys would like in a case for Z10,Q10 and Z30.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    The BlackBerry Z30 is lacking in accessories. It would be good if it had a defender style case...

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann likes this.
    03-11-14 02:28 AM
    A lightweight case with a cut out where the BB logo is .

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    potatoguy likes this.
    03-11-14 06:59 AM
    How about a case that is similar to the apple cases that show the berries on the back.
    03-11-14 07:12 AM
    Any light weight case, which has the BlackBerry logo would be great.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 07:15 AM
    Something that mounts to bike or motorcycle handle bars for the Z30

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 07:19 AM
    I need a case with cooling system and photovoltaic cell so that my phone is charging as long as there is a light available and I will have not to worry about bringing my charger.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 10:19 AM