New to both the forums and as a BB user. I'm looking for a simple reliable app that will ring or beep when the appointment or event is due. I don't want flashing lights or screen pop ups, just a simple audible alarm Any suggestions Thanks
    07-02-09 06:01 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I was discussing this with you on the phone, but this is a better choice for complicated instructions.

Your Calender, along with all of your messaging notifications, is controlled by the Active Profile. You can customize the profile to your exact requirements.

On the BlackBerry Home screen, locate and open Profiles.

Scroll down and highlight Advanced...., press the trackball.

Highlight the Active profile and press trackball.

Select Calender and press trackball.

You have two options, in or out of holster. Highlight Ring Tone and press trackball again.

You can select from the available Ring Tones or choose a custom selection by scrolling to the top and selecting Browse...

When you highlight a ring tone, press trackball to get a preview. Select one that works in your situation.

You have a couple of options, in order to have the ring tone sound, set Volume to not Mute.

If you choose, you can override the LED notification at this page.

Finally, press the Escape key and Save the changes.
    07-02-09 06:22 PM
    Reed Thanks for the help on this. Works like a damn

Bill
    07-02-09 06:33 PM
    And this is a basic calendar function....I can't wait until you see your Blackberry remote control a car or GPS you or something beyond the basics. You think this is it but it is just the beginning. Welcome to Crackberry and get ready for a whole lot more.
    07-02-09 06:44 PM
    ^^^ LOL

Excellent. You will find a lot of flexibility buried in there, this tool excels at communications.
    07-02-09 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD