I always fall asleep on the Metro (DC subway) and miss my stop. If this happens late at night, I will end up at the end of the line when the train is no longer running and be forced to take an expensive cab ride home.

iPhone offers an app called iLert that uses GPS to give you an alarm when you are approaching your train station.

Is there a similar app for BlackBerry Curve?
    02-26-10 11:27 AM
    This would be awesome. I have fallen asleep on the metro many times and it's no fun catching a cab from Franconia-Springfield to Branch Ave.
    02-26-10 11:47 AM
    Couldn't agree more. Last night it cost me $60 to go from Georgia Ave to Old Town...
    02-26-10 12:13 PM
    what an awesome app... a google search turned up programs for iphone & windows, but not BB. I hope a developer sees this.
    02-26-10 12:16 PM
    what an awesome app... a google search turned up programs for iphone & windows, but not BB. I hope a developer sees this.
    Yes please!!! Developers: HELP A BROTHER OUT!!!
    02-26-10 12:24 PM
    wow, 1. this is way too funny...im sure you're like f..k...not again!. 2. yeah bberrys need more app development. i didn't now there was such an app...though i am not so sure it's useful here in ny
    02-26-10 12:33 PM
    Wow, falling asleep on the subway... Isn't that dangerous? Like, you could be robbed, killed or both! I don't know, all I know is when I rode the bus here in Memphis, at night you had to watch it...or else!
    02-26-10 12:45 PM
    Maybe this would work? Swoosh Alarm, in the blogs a couple of days ago...

http://crackberry.com/swooshalarm-bl...clocks-one-app
    Last edited by ttfmaep; 02-26-10 at 12:59 PM.
    02-26-10 12:57 PM
    If you are truly underground for your stop, your GPS probably wouldn't be working anyway since it wouldn't be able to pick up a signal. Maybe just set an alarm on your phone for 5 minutes before you normally reach your station?
    02-26-10 01:12 PM
    If you are truly underground for your stop, your GPS probably wouldn't be working anyway since it wouldn't be able to pick up a signal. Maybe just set an alarm on your phone for 5 minutes before you normally reach your station?
    I was going to raise that gps point, too. So how does the iphone app work?
    02-26-10 04:14 PM
    An application, Bus Alarm, was just released on MobiHand. It alerts when bus stops are reached. It is worth a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-02-10 08:37 AM
    Got2 pro has a GPS alert feature built into it for to do tasks like collect the dry cleaning. This may work for you ?

08-02-10 09:22 AM
    Hello,

We have recently launched GPS ALARM on BLACKBERRY APP STORE. I cant post the link here as this is my first post. Please search for "GPS Alarm" on black berry app world to find it.

We would like to hear from you. The app is still in beta, in case if you face any trouble please send us an email at support[at]pycore.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Hardik
    03-01-12 04:32 AM
    Quickfind is another one that has built in proximity range alarms that you can set for your destination location.

QuickFind - BlackBerry App World
    03-01-12 08:42 AM
    Found it on the first search in app store, Bought it for 99 cents.

Here is my quick review, I have been using it for a few week now and to my amazement the gps proximity works accurately enough.

What i like - The app is very simple to use, all you have to do is search a place/address/pincode and it works out rest of the stuff. Plus the app by default saves all the previous alarms, which is very helpful for daily commuters like me.

What i want - Prolly a interactive map, but hey its 99 cents and it works

Buy GPS Alarm. - Download GPS Alarm. - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    03-03-12 12:18 PM
    Can the app store multiple addresses so that it will sound an alarm when you are near ANY of them? I know it stores the history of previous addresses, but does it only allow you one alarm at a time, or are all the alarms from all previous addresses still active until you disable them?
    10-10-12 08:58 AM
    Yes, there are GPS devices that are available which can help you. Can you provide you budget you allotted for that purpose.
    Last edited by Sammy85; 10-11-12 at 06:51 AM.
    10-11-12 02:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD