ok ime gonna make this very simple i have a curve 8310 and want to put a navigator program on it as well as all maps for uk,but the most important thing is i dont want to pay for data and stuff like that i just want everything on the phone so when driving its all there with no hidden charges,i have heard that garmin is like this but i cant find a hacked copy anywhere for blackberrys only for windows based phones which means one must be coming,evryone on here says try this and try that but if you use somthing like google maps it will charge for data,whats the point in a great phone like this with built in gps if you nreed to recieve data, i mean you could be out of a network coverage so if anyone knows where i can install maps and directions cheers
    01-28-09 03:11 PM
    Nav4All, Google Maps Mobile, BB Maps(part of phone software), these are free, TeleNav has downloadable Maps but you have to pay for the GPS link.
    01-28-09 03:42 PM
    Those need data, don't they?
    01-28-09 04:15 PM
    yeah they require data but you dont need a gps plan with ur provider with them
    01-28-09 04:18 PM
    Without a data plan on the phone you wouldn't be able to use gps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 04:19 PM
    well i was saying that cuz at&t has a seperate plan for their navigator and i use google maps so its free cuz i have a data plan instead of adding an extra 10 bucks onto my bill
    01-28-09 04:27 PM
    well i was saying that cuz at&t has a seperate plan for their navigator and i use google maps so its free cuz i have a data plan instead of adding an extra 10 bucks onto my bill
    Got ya... makes sense.
    01-28-09 04:29 PM
    so the answer to my question is no
    01-28-09 05:13 PM
    Storm, I don't know of any that fit the bill..
    01-28-09 05:15 PM
    you can go to blackberry.com and go to their device features page go to blackberry maps and download it from there or on crackberry aswell and you can use blackberry maps for free if u have a data plan
    01-28-09 05:18 PM
    I think the OP is looking for some app to use without a data plan, if so no you wouldn't be able to do that.

01-28-09 05:24 PM
    I don't know of any gps app for a mobile phone that stores all its information on the phone. They all poll a server for the data they need. If you want something that has all the maps and data on it, you'll have to get a standalone gps unit.

01-28-09 06:52 PM
    Check out TrekBuddy.

It allows you to install offline maps.
    01-28-09 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD