i think i am getting the 9650 but how good is the BB in terms of organizing I mean calendars and tasks that can be viewed on the homescreen and alerts.
    The native Personal information Management (tasks,memo,contacts,calendar) on BlackBerry is pretty good. And if you find that lacking, there are some apps out there that are an upgrade. The offerings from Rex Wireless looks pretty cool, but I haven't tried it yet.
    06-02-10 07:49 AM
    That's what I am asking about how is the bb lacking interns of organizing. I mean I want to know how you think of the bb when it cones to being organized.

Thank you.
    06-02-10 08:15 AM
    I've always found that the BB is well organized. It allows you to create your own folders, move applications into said folders, hide icons, etc. It allows you to customize how you want things to look and where you want things to go. It's a very efficient UI in my opinion.
    06-02-10 08:29 AM
    I meant in terms of calendar and tasks and that they can be viewed from the homescreen without using any software.

EDIT: and can someone confirm that it has 512 Ram and 512 application memory Source:BlackBerry Bold 9650 (BlackBerry Tour2) to Boldy Tour Verizon 6/3 an' 6/10? - Non-Camera Version Too - WIRELESS AND MOBILE NEWS
    Last edited by ahmadicabara; 06-02-10 at 09:13 AM.
    06-02-10 08:55 AM
    I meant in terms of calendar and tasks and that they can be viewed from the homescreen without using any software.

EDIT: and can someone confirm that it has 512 Ram and 512 application memory Source:BlackBerry Bold 9650 (BlackBerry Tour2) to Boldy Tour Verizon 6/3 an' 6/10? - Non-Camera Version Too - WIRELESS AND MOBILE NEWS
    Yes, the calendar and tasks can be viewed from the home screen. There are icons on the home screen that allow you to open up the task app and the calendar app. There are also themes that you can download to your device that give you more options as far as "Today" screens where your calendar appointments will show on the main screen in a list format. I find it easier just to open the calendar, but that's just me.

The Bold 9650 has 512mb of total memory. The way that the BlackBerry platform uses memory is that the application memory and the "RAM" are essentially the same thing. Your applications are stored in the available memory, when you're running an app, a portion of the total available memory will be used to run the application. Once the app is closed, the memory that was being used for the app will clear itself out.

I did read once on a different thread regarding how BB memory works that there is RAM in there, someone said that it is seperate from the actual application memory, but it was quite confusing as it goes against everything I've ever known about how a BB uses it's memory to operate. I can't seem to find the thread, but someone was posting screen shots from a memory app that has application memory and ram listed along with charts showing how much was free. Like I said, it went against everything I had learned about how the BB operates, so it may not carry much weight...
    06-02-10 09:44 AM
    thank you very much
    06-02-10 09:57 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD