Hi,

Thanks for looking in.

I had about 6 or more BB's from about 1997 to 2011, but finally late last year I had to switch to droid or iphone due to the apps I needed to use for work and were only available or functional on those platforms.

What I miss most is the ability to exclude contacts from the set profile.

Basically, I assume every professional has about a dozen friends, bosses, associates, and customers that they are required to answer the phone for no matter what. For the rest of the world and events (texts and emails), you need silence and invisibility.

It is such a basic need, yet I'm having no luck finding something that works as well as the integrated contacts on the BB's I used throughout the years.

Does anybody know of such an app for androids? I've tried a few that suggested they did like I'm explaining but they fell far short.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    08-30-12 08:46 PM
    Are you saying that there is No APP For That. For shame.
    08-30-12 08:53 PM
    Wouldn't your question be better answered in an Android forum?
    08-30-12 08:54 PM
    Wouldn't your question be better answered in an Android forum?
    unfortunately CrackBerry is as much an Android forum as it is a BlackBerry form, so many users have both, or just Androids that are active here.

and if wanting BlackBerry functionality on another device you need to reach out to people who had BlackBerry's to actually know what you are looking for and how it worked
    RonSchon likes this.
    08-30-12 08:58 PM
    Thank you deRusett.

Yes, that is exactly why I pose the question here. Users here would know specifically what I'm looking for and many are also using multiple device platforms.
    08-30-12 09:06 PM
    Thank you deRusett.

Yes, that is exactly why I pose the question here. Users here would know specifically what I'm looking for and many are also using multiple device platforms.
    so far I can't help, I found nothing on iOS, nor my SG3, that could come close to how BB's handle notifications and profiles
    08-30-12 09:08 PM
    Thanks for the polite and understanding input.

I'll continue beating the bushes.
    08-30-12 09:16 PM
    I use Llama, but there are many other profile apps out there. Oddly, Llama excluded the ability to select contact groups, so you have to select contacts individually for each profile. But since there are SO many other useful features, I find it worth it. Profiles automatically change/set based upon location, time, calendar events, pre-defined events, etc.. As well you can trigger numerous settings and actions.

I know a lot of people who use Auto Ring and are happy with it. Auto Ring is very basic, very simple.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by rmjones101; 08-31-12 at 01:32 AM.
    08-31-12 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD