I have had BB's in some for or fashion for about 7 years now, However I am not at a crossroads and have to make a decision that I am struggling with. I use a regional carrier(CSPIRE) because coverage in the area where i live is outstanding and the other BIG carriers only have spotty coverage. I currently have a Tour that I have had for almost 3 years now. Love the phone but it is starting to act funny(reboots when it wants to for now apparent reason) running version 5.0 because carrier wont support anything higher. So needing to upgrade phone and techs that I have talked to at the carrier have told me that there are no immediate plans for them to carry any of the new BB devices. They currently only have the Curve available as they are phasing it out. So I am am left with the Question as to which phone to switch to IP5 or Galaxy4.
    I only use my phone for mainly email and text for work purposes and rarely search the net with it and never use streaming.I am looking for some advice from others that are much more experienced than I am. Thanks.

P.S. I case some or wondering why the carrier seems to be phasing out BB is due to technical issues with there network and compatibility with BB. Thanks
    05-18-13 12:06 PM
    If I'm not mistaken you probably want your phone to be subsidized instead of paying full price. Since your carrier isn't supporting BlackBerry anymore you need to switch.

But if I read what you're primarily using the phone for I think you would be best off with a BlackBerry.

But let me tell you something about carriersupport. Its mostly BS. Its a way to trick customers in to getting phones they make more money off.

If I were you I would for now be looking for a BB Bold 9900. You can find it cheap on the net. Wait for the Q5 to be released and buy it independent from your carrier. And believe me it will work without any problem.

Just my 2cents

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 03:06 PM