04-17-14 05:03 PM
62 123
tools
    Just got an sms today. Here is a full story

T-Mo BlackBerry customers being offered up to $200 to upgrade to a Samsung | TmoNewsTmoNews

Except this time BlackBerry can't say anything about it.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 03:51 PM
    Just got an sms today. Here is a full story

T-Mo BlackBerry customers being offered up to $200 to upgrade to a Samsung | TmoNewsTmoNews

Except this time BlackBerry can't say anything about it.

Posted via CB10
    On the contrary...

Look who's showing BlackBerry some love again-mockit_11042014213612.jpg

Look who's showing BlackBerry some love again-mockit_11042014213345.jpg

Look who's showing BlackBerry some love again-mockit_11042014213026.jpg

Look who's showing BlackBerry some love again-mockit_11042014212550.jpg

These may look made up but in actual fact , this was part of a discussion Chen had behind the scenes of a recent Reuters Interview..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Attachment 262415
    04-11-14 03:55 PM
    That's a great deal. They're trying to get rid of their BlackBerry fans.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 03:57 PM
    I don't see the controversy over this advertisement anymore now that T-Mobile can no longer carry Blackberries.

Blackberry is officially a competitor ala Apple and IBM so T-Mobile it is fair game for T-Mobile to make as many derogatory comments and launch as many smear campaigns about the brand as it wants as long as it is not libel.

This is one reason I cited why John Chen cutting off T-Mobile was a bad idea. Legere already had it out against Blackberry and now T-Mobile has a free pass to say/do anything legal against it without much valid criticism.
    04-11-14 04:06 PM
    This is T-Mobile 's MO. My only question is how much longer can they keep buying business before it catches up with them?

What will run out for T-Mobile first........Ego...or cash?

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    Gatmyer, sk8er_tor and rarsen like this.
    04-11-14 04:11 PM
    My one thought is this.

Mr. Legere if we are as you say such a small insignificant percentage of your user base not even registering %1 then why waste your time with this promo???
    I mean are you having that much trouble moving the s4 and note three that you resort to this??

Also since you aren't carrying any flagship phones from windows phone either can it be safe to say you're going to go android/ios only?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 04:32 PM
    I stopped into a TMO store today thinking I might be able to buy clearance BlackBerry leather sleeve for my Q10. Nothing blackberry in store. manager said all Blackberry branded items were sent back to corporate last week. They did not wait long.

Via BlackBerry Q10-SQN100-5 on AT&T
    04-11-14 04:32 PM
    My one thought is this.

Mr. Legere if we are as you say such a small insignificant percentage of your user base not even registering %1 then why waste your time with this promo???
    I mean are you having that much trouble moving the s4 and note three that you resort to this??
    It's far more likely that they're hoping to get the remaining BIS customers off the network so they can shut down BIS support and not have to keep supporting it and paying BB fees for it.

They couldn't care less about BB10 being on their network, because it's just like any other phone. BBOS is NOT, and incurs specific costs for T-Mo.
    04-11-14 04:38 PM
    So, the first campaign was not as successful as they hoped.
    I would suggest BB owners on TMO network wait for next round.
    Let's hope they offer bigger discounts going forward.
    04-11-14 04:41 PM
    They are probably going to offer a bigger thing in the future....i am going to wait a little bit more :O)))

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 04:43 PM
    One day if BlackBerry gets back on track again, I'd like to know what Chen would say to him

Posted via CB10 on my lovely z30 B)
    04-11-14 06:44 PM
    Tmoooo just slap us?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 07:13 PM
    Could BlackBerry sue Tmobile for this? This will affect BlackBerry financially and it seems like a direct attack to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 07:29 PM
    It's far more likely that they're hoping to get the remaining BIS customers off the network so they can shut down BIS support and not have to keep supporting it and paying BB fees for it.

They couldn't care less about BB10 being on their network, because it's just like any other phone. BBOS is NOT, and incurs specific costs for T-Mo.
    I read a stat in another thread that there are only 45000 active BB's on TMO's network. Assuming this is true than whatever they are paying BB for BIS is a drop in the bucket. I share the other posters sentiment and wonder why TMO is wasting their time.
    04-11-14 08:24 PM
    They are probably going to offer a bigger thing in the future....i am going to wait a little bit more :O)))

Posted via CB10
    If they are that dumb, I'll get a beat up Z10 , exchange it for a new Samsung hotness, sell the Samsung and go back to BlackBerry. They are asking for it.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 08:30 PM
    I don't see the controversy over this advertisement anymore now that T-Mobile can no longer carry Blackberries.

Blackberry is officially a competitor ala Apple and IBM so T-Mobile it is fair game for T-Mobile to make as many derogatory comments and launch as many smear campaigns about the brand as it wants as long as it is not libel.

This is one reason I cited why John Chen cutting off T-Mobile was a bad idea. Legere already had it out against Blackberry and now T-Mobile has a free pass to say/do anything legal against it without much valid criticism.
    Chen made the right move. Better to do a clean break than suffer the disrespect of a thousand cuts.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 08:32 PM
    I read a stat in another thread that there are only 45000 active BB's on TMO's network. Assuming this is true than whatever they are paying BB for BIS is a drop in the bucket. I share the other posters sentiment and wonder why TMO is wasting their time.
    Answer: Legere's ego.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 08:33 PM
    Agreed it doesn't make any sense for Tmobile and CEO to keep wasting thier time unless his ego his bigger than his business sense or BlackBerry has more than 1% of T Mo's Share.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 09:13 PM
    Yes, but the fact that they are paying anything at all, and paying it each and every month, is the issue. Why not just move people to modern devices (iPhone, Android, WinPhone, BB10, whatever) and not have to pay BIS fees, maintain the BIS servers, not pay for the dedicated data lines to BB, etc.? Especially when it's ONLY for 45,000 customers, it's easier to move them off of BBOS and shut it down.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-11-14 09:41 PM
    Could BlackBerry sue Tmobile for this? This will affect BlackBerry financially and it seems like a direct attack to BlackBerry
    No.
    04-11-14 10:06 PM
    I think BlackBerry must do something with this situation. The T-mo ring a good alarm for BlackBerry. If the population down again the other carrier will do the same like T-mo. Because BIS may become expenses for the carrier.
    BlackBerry must do something to promote people to move forward to os 10 before they move to other platform.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 12:19 AM
    I think BlackBerry must do something with this situation. The T-mo ring a good alarm for BlackBerry. If the population down again the other carrier will do the same like T-mo. Because BIS may become expenses for the carrier.
    BlackBerry must do something to promote people to move forward to os 10 before they move to other platform.

Posted via CB10
    how ? BlackBerry already offer all BB10 phone with a huge price cut, including Z30 but still it is not selling... and i dont think any carrier want to help BlackBerry and offer any promotion to trade with BlackBerry...

but i think you are right, there are huge chance other carrier will offer promotion that will take BlackBerry users...
    mosiah18 likes this.
    04-12-14 04:48 AM
    I have a Z10, Q10, and Z30 all on Verizon plus a Q10 on BES through work.

Let's be realistic though. BlackBerry Market Share in the US is non-existent at the consumer level and with respect to Enterprise (BES 5 and BES 10) it's all Verizon and AT&T.

Sorry T-Mobile but it's an irrelevant relevant relationship in Chen's plans and I tend to agree with both sides. It doesn't make sense to sell BlackBerry at T-Mobile right now and thus it makes sense for T-Mobile to incentivize as many leftovers to switch as possible.

Sent via CrackBerry Forums
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-12-14 05:00 AM
    They should have started 14 months ago.
    04-12-14 07:44 AM
    About the 1 % being important or not: every one percent is important. Look how enthusiasted are analysts when the GDP grows by a single percent more. No discussion about this.

Posted via CB10
    Irish Blues likes this.
    04-12-14 09:19 AM
62 123