That was the day when BGR decided that RIM was dead. That was also the day that i wanted RIM to succeed more than ever.

"I sat at my computer in amazement a little earlier. Most of me knew that RIM is too damaged and too slow to pivot, and just too out of touch with its customers to know it actually has a chance. But, there was this small part of me that was genuinely excited for BlackBerry World’s announcements. Then I saw Thorston Heins start off the company’s most crucial keynote ever with Salesforce and Cisco.

This company has not changed, and won’t change. The parts of BlackBerry 10 demoed are slick — capturing a series of images and combining different elements from each one before you save a photo seems genuinely incredible, though how is that done, with an EDoF camera, so no autofocus? What we saw wasn’t truly innovative, though. It wasn’t compelling enough, and it’s unfortunately too late to try and gain enough traction and support for a third mobile ecosystem.

RIM is a company that has failed to deliver for the last eight years, and it doesn’t deserve another chance to mess it up. My live-tweets are embedded below so you can follow along to my instant (rambling) thoughts.

Also of note: RIM declined to make its BlackBerry 10 Alpha device available for BGR. Coincidentally, two publications that had early access to the smartphone also have advertising campaigns from BlackBerry running."

January 30, 2013 - Can't come soon enough.
    Attached Thumbnails A look back at May 1, 2012 with BGR-1.jpg   A look back at May 1, 2012 with BGR-2.jpg   A look back at May 1, 2012 with BGR-3.jpg   A look back at May 1, 2012 with BGR-4.jpg  
    Clinto, zyben, peter9477 and 1 others like this.
    01-28-13 10:46 PM
    well at least the camera was "dope as ****"
    jesse_h, BergerKing and BB10FTW like this.
    01-28-13 10:48 PM
    I was wondering how can a person be both - a jack a_s_s and a d_i_c_k_head..Jonathan proved it..well done Mr.Geller and you deserve the a_s_s_hole of the century award
    01-28-13 10:53 PM
    @boygenius

January 21:
    "major blackberry exclusive on the way ahead of RIM's January 31st announcement event"

Reply:
    @crackberrykevin: "wrong date... Event is on the 30th"
    01-28-13 11:01 PM
    Contrary to JessieJ's song, Price Tag, it is all about the money, money, money for Mr. Geller.

Will hop on whatever bandwagon will get the most clicks.
    01-28-13 11:12 PM
    Contrary to JessieJ's song, Price Tag, it is all about the money, money, money for Mr. Geller.

Will hop on whatever bandwagon will get the most clicks.
    And it seems blackberry fans are giving him the most clicks so his articles are turning more and more positive.
    BergerKing and Rickroller like this.
    01-28-13 11:19 PM
    I remember that....I was a little ticked at the hatchet job, too. Really? Hadn't delivered anything since 2004? Anything except INVENTED THE SMARTPHONE? Well, it's getting ready to be re-invented....1/30/13!
    01-28-13 11:38 PM
    hahaha, got to laugh at the whole 90 seconds to power on thing. Because any event that is measured in seconds just makes that seem like a first world problem.
    BB10FTW likes this.
    01-29-13 12:17 AM
    Also of note: RIM declined to make its BlackBerry 10 Alpha device available for BGR. Coincidentally, two publications that had early access to the smartphone also have advertising campaigns from BlackBerry running."

he turn his desperation into anger. lol
    01-29-13 12:39 AM
    Haven't forgotten this hot toad in the sun. Haven't really seen where he's improved over the 2011, 2010, or 2009 version of himself.
    01-29-13 12:41 AM
    I have to say, that when Blackberry was the little guy then we could get away with taking potshots at people and dissing them. But now things have changed. Blackberry has a great platform, we stand a very good chance of being at least the number 3 platform, and there is a healthy buzz about BB10.

It's time for Blackberry fans to leave high school soap operas behind. We should comment on articles and promote our choices, but we need to leave the hate behind. This BGR thing is from a long time ago. Let's grow up and move on. Everyone makes bad decisions in life at some point. The key thing is that they are taking a second look at BB10 now. There are going to be literally millions of consumers in the same position as BGR. They thought RIM was dead, but they are having some serious second thoughts right now.

The time has come to focus on the positives of BB10 rather than putting down other people.
    bquinney likes this.
    01-29-13 07:50 AM
    Geller is the biggest insane apple fanboy I ever seen... it's disturbing really.
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-29-13 08:06 AM
    I know I posted this video before, but when I did it, I was only thinking on BGR... focused all my anger on them... lol well.. not really anger...
    Omar Diamond likes this.
    01-29-13 08:17 AM
    We should comment on articles and promote our choices, but we need to leave the hate behind.
    I don't hate my daughter, but sometimes she does need a little punishment to help her learn better judgment.

After all, I wouldn't want her to grow up to be arrogant, deceitful, and willing to write anything just for some clicks on her crappy little web site.
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-29-13 08:20 AM
    Who cares man...just stop visiting their site and following him on twitter. It's just someone's opinion which you can choose to read or not. People are so pre-occupied with what BGR says.
    01-29-13 08:25 AM