this has probably been discussed and beat to death elsewhere, but i can't find it.

is there a downloadable application that lets you input longitude and latitude values and get directions to that location on your cell phone? i have a tour 9630.

just trying to save $ from purchasing a gps device.

thanks so much for any help.
    12-10-09 06:57 PM
    You will have to check specifically since I don't input that type of info much.

gpglogger - tracking
    Blackstar - for geocaching

But neither would provide turn-by-turn and both probably would do "crow flys" directions.

And I thought I read the google may accept that format.
    12-10-09 08:25 PM
    'crow fly directions' is good since most of the locations im after are off road.

thank you pointing me in the right direction
    12-10-09 08:54 PM
    For me the in built bb maps is sufficient, i found out when i try to develop something using location api. Here is how i do it (mine is curve 8900 os 4.6.1).
    - Go to blackberry Maps application
    - Select any location
    - invoke menu and select 'copy location'
    - now go to Memopad application
    - paste the location
    - you will get URL in the form of h11p://maps.Blackberry.com?lat=xxxx&lon=xxxx&z=3&label=so me+location
    - now you could change the lat=xxxx&lon=xxxxx to wherever you like and after you edit the text in memopad, you would just click it and when menu pops up click view map,
    - from then on you could have that point as your destination in getting the direction from bb Maps

Hope this helps
    12-14-09 01:05 PM
    BlackStar will perform most of the functions of a handheld GPS device. If you are looking to save some money, it is free. You can find it in Blackberry App World, or use the links in my sig.
    12-15-09 08:16 AM
    I often work off of Longitude and Latitude locations - Most of these do not have an address - how can I input the coordinates on Sprint Tour?
    08-16-10 08:20 AM
    There are at least two free ways to input lat / lon data and get directions. First, you can use BBMaps. It comes installed on your Tour. Press the menu key, select Find Location, and type the coordinates in decimal degrees at the Find: prompt. Separate lat and lon with a comma, and remember that West longitude has to be entered with a minus sign. For example: 28.35, -80.6.

You can also use the free app Blackstar Navigation, which gives you more input formatting options, but won't show maps.
    08-17-10 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD