Hey folks, so here is my problem. I can not get my curve to connect with my linksys WRT54GX2. It shows up but gives me the W010 error. I have called, T-Mobile (they were no help, except to tell me to buy their router), I called Linksys (also no help), and I searched the forums here and tried a few different things, such as changing the channel, and some of the other things Stoner recommended. I am not sure why it keeps doing it. Can anyone help me? I get no t-mobile service at my house so before i port my number i need wifi to work.
    06-13-08 05:39 PM
    Welcome to CB I don't have a fix for but I have read hear w010 error - PinStack.com - BlackBerry forums that particular router is not compatible with the 8320.
    06-13-08 05:44 PM
    Welcome to CB I don't have a fix for but I have read hear that particular router is not compatible with the 8320.
    thanks brother, looks like I will be keeping my verizon pearl, I would have to pay full price for their curve, which isn't really worth it. Looks like I will be returning the curve and canceling my tmobile account, as I havent been in contract with them for some time. Sucks, I really wanted this phone.

well, I talked to T-Mobile and they are sending me a router for free, lets see how that goes, for now I am keeping my main number at verizon.
    06-13-08 06:46 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

BlackBerry Search Results

W010 - Wi-Fi Connection Failed
    The BlackBerry smartphone is not in range of the Wi-Fi network, the Wi-Fi network signal is weak, or the BlackBerry smartphone has incorrect security settings for the Wi-Fi network.

Linksys.com - Products/Wireless/Basic Networking/Broadband Routers/Wireless-G (802.11g)/WRT54GX2

The Wireless-G Broadband Router with SRX200 is really three devices in one box. First, there's the Wireless Access Point, which lets you connect Wireless-G, Wireless-B, and other performance-enhanced SRX devices to the network. There's also a built-in 4-port full-duplex 10/100 Switch to connect your wired-Ethernet devices together. Finally, the Router function ties it all together and lets your whole network share a high-speed cable or DSL Internet connection.
    The X2 is the latest generation router, but it was not available for testing when Curve went to market.

I suspect your new T-Mobile router will make all the difference.
    Last edited by Stoner; 06-14-08 at 10:41 AM.
    06-14-08 10:37 AM
    Did anybody try the latest OS? 4.5
    06-14-08 11:55 AM
    I would highly recommend the TMo router. It should help with those problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD