Remember awesome playbook feature swiping left or right to change between apps? Well, guess who is doing that for Firefox OS 2.0? Non other than one of the best companies ever Mozilla.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 01:25 AM
    Not really sure that qualifies as beating them to the punch, lol. BlackBerry had the option to put it in BB10 and for whatever reason opted not to. What else did they ape from BlackBerry 10, iOS, Windows Phone and Android?

Lol Mozilla beats BlackBerry to the punch.-firefox-os-2-screens-140410-dialer.jpg

Lol Mozilla beats BlackBerry to the punch.-firefox-os-2-screens-140410-email.jpg
    Lol Mozilla beats BlackBerry to the punch.-firefox-os-2-screens-140410-sms.jpg
    Lol Mozilla beats BlackBerry to the punch.-firefox-os-2-screens-140410-calendar.jpg
    Lol Mozilla beats BlackBerry to the punch.-firefox-os-2-screens-140410-lockscreen.jpg

Ahh, yes. Lots. Apparently. Newer images here though.
    07-17-14 01:32 AM
    It doesn't matter if anyone "copies," if something is awesome and is added then it's a good thing. Also, I wouldn't exactly call it "copying," it's just a competitor does something awesome and you're not going to be left behind.

Peep this http://www.sitepoint.com/firefox-os-...sign-features/

Firefox os 2.0 sounds and looks awesome.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 likes this.
    07-17-14 01:37 AM
    Those icons are just as childish as IOS8
    07-17-14 01:45 AM
    Hey man everyone has their own opinions. Personally, I like them.

I really like the option to customize app icons size. Really awesome.

Unless Firefox os app situation isn't good enough or if it is and BlackBerry doesn't step it up then I'm definitely going to Firefox os. The only true open OS, that's awesome.

Posted via CB10
    pystha likes this.
    07-17-14 01:49 AM
    Swiping left/right to switch apps was on webOS first.
    lactose likes this.
    07-17-14 01:51 AM
    It doesn't matter if anyone "copies," if something is awesome and is added then it's a good thing. Also, I wouldn't exactly call it "copying," it's just a competitor does something awesome and you're not going to be left behind.

Peep this Firefox OS 2.0 UI and Design Features

Firefox os 2.0 sounds and looks awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Everyone copies and really I couldn't care less much like you, that wasn't the exact point you brought up lol. You decided to specifically make it a point to highlight they implemented it before BlackBerry when BlackBerry simply opted to not include it. On Top of that, cbvinh is right as well. webOS had it there long before BlackBerry. Not that it matters at this point in any case. The card interface isn't exactly in use on the LG TV's running webOS as it was envisioned on phones heh.

Personally, I wouldn't mind having a Firefox OS device either but I'm too lazy to read how to install it on any of my old Android devices I have here and I'd much rather wait till they push it out to something more substantial than underpowered $25 devices. The GeeksPhone Revolution might work though.
    07-17-14 01:53 AM
    Unless Firefox os app situation isn't good enough or if it is and BlackBerry doesn't step it up then I'm definitely going to Firefox os. The only true open OS, that's awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Eggcellent

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 08:48 AM
    ~shrugs~ title's all wrong.
    Genghis2k3 likes this.
    07-17-14 10:17 AM
    Apple OSX has had this feature for years with the Apple Trackpad so I don't get what the big deal is.
    07-17-14 10:25 AM
    I actually found it really annoying on the PlayBook! When playing a game and touching the edge of the screen it would always leave the game.

If bb10 ever gets it I hope you can turn it on or off in settings.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 10:40 AM
    Does any of this really matter?

I know this is a fan site but geez

Caribbean Z30
    07-17-14 11:21 AM
    BlackBerry had the option to put it in BB10 and for whatever reason opted not to.
    I'd sure like to know why they didn't include this in BB10! A little investigative journalism could be in order. Try to get names and the decision making process.

I'm a consumer/user, so a fast, easy, single hand way to switch between apps like this would work much better than the current solution, so this feature would be important to improving the multitasking experience. Who could miss this?!?

Let's hope this gets feature added back in once someone wakes up.

Z-30/STA 100-5/10.3.0.700+.296/T-Mobile USA
    07-17-14 02:22 PM
    For me it's BlackBerry and Firefox OS. Maybe Samsungs OS too but I want to do research on them more.

Firefox OS really is looking real nice and coming along very nicely and fast. And they give high specs for ridiculously low prices. Give me an almost HD screen, 4.2+ inch screen, 5+ megapixel back camera, 1+ megapixel front camera, smooth, fast and fluid UI and navigating around for around $100 and I'll buy it.

BlackBerry 10 truly is really nice, though. Just the keyboard alone is mind blowing. I'm always constantly getting impressed with it.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 03:01 PM
    All BlackBerry did with the PlayBook is talk about some great ideas of future features, show off cool demos from TAT,and not implement any of it. BlackBerry deserves to have its ideas stolen if they can being them to market IMHO, especially if it was stuff from the PlayBook.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    07-17-14 03:09 PM