I just got the new Curve but do not have a data plan. I decided to install TwitterBerry and LogicMail after reading that they both work over WiFi, but so far I've had no luck with either of them.

TwitterBerry tells me "Could not contact Twitter. Try another connection method."

I've tried setting up both IMAP and POP counts with LogicMail, and every time I try to access an account it gives me an "Unable to reopen connection" error. I'm able to browse Web page (BB Browser) without a problem. Same thing happens with v1.03 and 1.0.4.

Is there an underlying setting I need to change somewhere in the BB settings? (I've cleared out all the APN settings, if that makes a difference.) This is my first Berry, so I'm not yet very well-versed in its settings.

(BTW, please don't recommend I get a data plan. I realize a BB with no data plan is like a Twinkie with no creme filling, but that's how I've decided to enjoy my metaphoric Twinkie.)
    02-13-09 02:03 PM
    hey did u get this figured this out? i cannot connect to twitterberry on wifi it says Network request failed but i can connect to it on my curve just not on my pearl.......)=
    03-03-09 12:08 PM
    Nope, I still can't get either program to connect via WiFi. I've also tried many other Twitter clients (such as Twibble and TinyTwitter) to no avail.
    03-05-09 03:16 PM
    Just in case you weren't able to figure this out, I was able to get logicmail working. Just enter the gmail settings posted on google's help site, then once you're in go to Configuration > Global Settings > Wifi Mode > Always.

This did it for me.
    08-13-09 11:16 PM
    You can also go to the options for ubertwitter and selct wifi for connection. I am sure it connects on wifi since I've tried it but i have a data plan too.
    08-14-09 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD