With any gsm network
    07-16-16 07:04 AM
    As in a device locked to a carrier? No.

If you're referring to a device that is password locked, you can typically make emergency calls only.
    07-16-16 09:08 AM
    As in a device locked to a carrier? No.

If you're referring to a device that is password locked, you can typically make emergency calls only.
    No, it's some weird subclass of phones sold in India and maybe elsewhere. I'm not 100% on this, but I think "BBM locked" means they have a PIN block.

So accordingly, my answer would be 'yes, you can make voice calls'
    Ecm likes this.
    07-16-16 09:28 AM
    No, it's some weird subclass of phones sold in India and maybe elsewhere. I'm not 100% on this, but I think "BBM locked" means they have a PIN block.

So accordingly, my answer would be 'yes, you can make voice calls'
    I obviously haven't spent enough time here lately. I seem to have missed that. Thanks for correcting me.
    07-16-16 09:38 AM
    I obviously haven't spent enough time here lately. I seem to have missed that. Thanks for correcting me.
    Does that make sense to you--assuming we're talking about BB10--that a PIN block would only affect BBM? My other theory was BES, but I imagine more being "wrong" with a BES phone than just BBM not working.
    07-16-16 10:25 AM
    Does that make sense to you--assuming we're talking about BB10--that a PIN block would only affect BBM? My other theory was BES, but I imagine more being "wrong" with a BES phone than just BBM not working.
    That does make sense. I did a quick search after you mentioned it. It does seem to be specific to blocking bbm only.
    07-16-16 10:30 AM