I just read this and thought to myself how this facility would help me with compulsive door lock checking. The phone would confirm the doors locked, so I wouldn't have to turn back when halfway up the road to check.

BlackBerry teaming up with Assa Abloy to enable Forthcoming blackberry's to have door opening sulutions. Just like the futuristic video we view a while back.

BlackBerry to use key technology - Yahoo!
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 11-08-11 at 08:14 AM.
    11-08-11 08:12 AM
    go to 0:56 (don't miss the meeting room)
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRRV7JLHxTc[/YT]
    daveycrocket likes this.
    11-08-11 08:35 AM
    Things to come
    11-08-11 08:57 AM
    that cant check if a door is locked? all that is, is using the NFC to open a door instead of using an access card. Like a secure work building... you could use your phone instead of your ID card.

Now, the BB already has the ability for your house if you get that Schlage Key system! (i think it was Schlage )
    11-08-11 10:31 AM
    Also in the globe and mail.

I look forward to the day I can get rid of my George Costanza wallet by having all my credit, loyalty, and access cards, encoded on my phone.

New BlackBerry models to include digital key technology - The Globe and Mail
    11-08-11 10:51 AM
    when and if this comes out it would be nice if it were backward compatible with all OS7 devises.
    11-09-11 10:16 AM
    when and if this comes out it would be nice if it were backward compatible with all OS7 devises.
    My OS7 9900 has NFC onboard. The rest is only software related ...
    11-09-11 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD