Restarting now...
    08-23-10 04:53 AM
    Orange Israel
    08-23-10 04:58 AM
    ok... on .743 it found the connection port, so I am reinstalling that. if you are able able ot figure out what the offical OS for Orange Israel is, that would be great... otherwise, I'll just take it in with this OS onboard.
    08-23-10 05:01 AM
    Orange Israel
    Bothersome, not seeing that one.
    08-23-10 05:01 AM
    I couldn't find it either. I just know that the first OS I upgraded to was .586, which would lead me to believe I had whatever was right before that...
    08-23-10 05:03 AM
    ok, I have .743 back on.

Do you think it's worth putting any of my apps, calendars and contacts back on before taking it to the carrier, or just deal with that once i get it back?
    08-23-10 05:08 AM
    Closest match for carrier is Orange Egypt and Cellcom Israel; and they have different OS versions. Most of Orange seems to match up version-wise.
    Sadly, here's where I have precious little experience; I know next to nothing about carriers world-wide.
    08-23-10 05:09 AM
    I'll just bring it in with .743. I'm afraid to tinker anymore with the BB, it's already been through a lot today, and I want ot bring it in to the carrier in working order, aside from the standby problem, of course.
    08-23-10 05:11 AM
    ok, I have .743 back on.

Do you think it's worth putting any of my apps, calendars and contacts back on before taking it to the carrier, or just deal with that once i get it back?
    If you don't want to bother with them now, no biggie.
    08-23-10 05:13 AM
    I'll just bring it in with .743. I'm afraid to tinker anymore with the BB, it's already been through a lot today, and I want ot bring it in to the carrier in working order, aside from the standby problem, of course.
    Righto. A bricked berry will get you nowhere extremely fast.
    Good luck (or break a leg if superstitious), sorry we couldn't get it resolved without a store visit Post back if you find out what caused it, there's a pillow that's been calling for a few hours now. Take care
    08-23-10 05:19 AM
    I really appreciate all of your help. I will definitely keep you posted.

I wish I could take you out for a drink... I definitely owe you one.
    08-23-10 05:26 AM
    I really appreciate all of your help. I will definitely keep you posted.

I wish I could take you out for a drink... I definitely owe you one.
    Awesome, and thanks for the compliment

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 05:29 AM
    a compliment is the very least I could do. You just spent the last 4 hours helping me...
    08-23-10 05:31 AM
    a compliment is the very least I could do. You just spent the last 4 hours helping me...
    Pkcable has it in his sig: we come, we learn, we pass it on. My turn to pass it on tonight, it was. Pay it forward and all that have a good evening(?), ima go crash >.<

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 05:38 AM
    Just wanted to let you know that I got the phone back today and the problem was fixed. I don't know what they did, they said they replaced some things, but it seems to be working now.

I wanted to thank you again for all of your help.

I do have another problem though that maybe you can help me with:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/stra...9700-a-519931/
    08-25-10 02:22 PM
    Also, can you explain how you back-up your 3rd party apps with Quicklaunch?
    08-25-10 02:23 PM
116 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD