I just got my Blackberry Tour 9630 and I immediately notice a huge flaw: The lock button (located on the top-left of the device) also unlocks it. This completely defeats the purpose of the lock button because it can easily come unlocked when in one's pocket; this has already happened to me several times.

The whole point of locking the keyboard and requiring 2 buttons to unlock it (the * then green phone button) is to prevent it from accidentally unlocking. That's how my previous BB was (the Bold 9000). The addition of a dedicated lock button is good, but why would they make it an unlock button also?

Stupid, stupid, stupid. What where they thinking?
    05-17-10 03:58 PM
    I'm not using my BB today so I can't check. But, when you press that button to
    unlock doesn't it require * send/or password?
    05-17-10 04:01 PM
    I'm not using my BB today so I can't check. But, when you press that button to
    unlock doesn't it require * send/or password?
    Unfortunately, no! It simply unlocks it!
    05-17-10 04:08 PM
    its the same as the storm 1
    05-17-10 04:09 PM
    This may not be ideal, but if you set it with a password, you would have to hit the unlock button and then enter your password to unlock your device.
    05-17-10 04:20 PM
    Unfortunately, no! It simply unlocks it!
    Wow, that sucks. I'd hate that. Fortunately I have my phone password
    enabled. I hate that top key anyway. I never use it. May have to go with the
    advice below

This may not be ideal, but if you set it with a password, you would have to hit the unlock button and then enter your password to unlock your device.
    05-17-10 04:25 PM
    Did the Tour come with a sleeve?
    05-17-10 04:38 PM
    05-17-10 04:50 PM
    They ask for an 8 didgit serial? Pin errors out. De they mean the first 8 didgits of the serial?

I never seen this before.

Thanks!
    05-17-10 06:24 PM
    From the site ...

To receive your free registration key follow these steps:

* Start the application on your BlackBerry and select the entry "Register" in the menu of the main screen

* Enter the eight digit code labled "BlackBerry serial" in the form above

* Click 'Generate Key'
    05-17-10 06:31 PM
    From the site ...

To receive your free registration key follow these steps:

* Start the application on your BlackBerry and select the entry "Register" in the menu of the main screen

* Enter the eight digit code labled "BlackBerry serial" in the form above

* Click 'Generate Key'
    OK . . .It gives me a key and it has come back invalid. Checkrd 3 times for typos. I have to wait 3 minutes to try again now.
    05-17-10 06:36 PM
    OK . . .Entered all in again...it worked. I think their generator has a glitch. One didgit came back totally different. No typo or transposition error. Oh well THANKS! I'll play with it..
    05-17-10 06:43 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the top left button standby mode? Wouldn't you actually using the lock feature on the phone make you do the two button method to unlock?
    05-17-10 08:53 PM
    No. The top button doesn't work as Standby anymore.
    05-18-10 05:49 AM
    Sorry you're having this problem. Having used the holster and in my pocket, I've never had mine come unlocked without my fingers physically pressing the top lock/unlock button. I think it's weird yours is so sensitive.
    05-18-10 07:19 AM
    For those of you having trouble with registration, the 8-digit serial number would
    be found after you install the app. Go to the register screen on the app, and on
    the line right above where you would enter the activation code, the serial number
    is right there. That's the one you use, not your pin.
    05-18-10 05:06 PM
    I'm having this problem as well after I did an OS update from 5.0.0.419 to 5.0.0.643.
    05-19-10 02:33 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the top left button standby mode?
    Yes the top button puts my phone in standby mode(on tour it says lock instead of standby tho) as it always has , I dont use it but just tried it and it still puts in standby mode on 8330 on vzw with 5.0.0.230 operating system.

No. The top button doesn't work as Standby anymore.
    Fail it did on mine,,,, just did it lol
    Last edited by DavidNC; 05-19-10 at 07:48 AM.
    05-19-10 07:16 AM
    I have my tour in my pocket all the time and have never had it unlock by accidently hitting the lock button.
    05-19-10 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD