Does anyone keep location turned off when installing new apps?

I always uncheck it.

I never use my phone gps because I have one in my vehicle. I also never check into places with social networking.

Thoughts??

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 07:10 AM
    Just go into settings, location services, turn it off.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 07:14 AM
    I kept location services turned off on my Z10 because it saved battery immensely, but it was kind of a pain to remember to turn it back on when needed.
    02-13-14 07:16 AM
    The only reason I turn location is to turn on BlackBerry Protect....if I'm going to be somewhere where my vice like grip on my bag might not be used, or my nasty temper towards anyone getting too close to said bag containing my BlackBerry might be inappropriate, like in hospital or something.

All the time I'm home it's off. Otherwise it's using power and data like walking round with a satnav in your hand.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 07:20 AM
    I have location services turned on (for BB Protect - what are the odds I'll lose the phone specifically after remembering to turn it back on) I just leave individual apps location services' turned off. I think BB Protect, the Camera and BB Maps are the only ones I've enabled.
    02-13-14 11:39 AM
    And of course any android apps that require it, because those can't be turned off. As I understand it, the individual apps only use the gps when they're open anyway (other than protect I think). You can keep an eye out for the little upside-down pointy-egg-like icon to appear, that tells you when it's being used or not.

I have location services turned on (for BB Protect - what are the odds I'll lose the phone specifically after remembering to turn it back on) I just leave individual apps location services' turned off. I think BB Protect, the Camera and BB Maps are the
    only ones I've enabled.
    02-13-14 11:42 AM