I went to 3 different Rogers stores so far today. None of them would sell me a black Z10 without doing a hardware upgrade or a new contract (2yr minimum).

This has got to be hurting sales for RIM. Why is this even allowed?

I eventually found a store that would sell me a white one because they're not as high in demand apparently? I think I may have lucked out since Bell is apparently sold out of white ones completely.

I have a feeling RIM messed up the launch with underestimating the demand...which may be a good thing I suppose. Sucks for consumers that want it right away.
    02-05-13 03:20 PM
    RIMM has stated that demand is unexpectedly good.

FWIW: I looked at the manufacturer (final assembly). If they can not ramp up production to 2x what it is now within a month, i'd be shocked. Of course, all vendors need to be able to provide supply.

There is a thread in here soemwhere that i started discussion suplly chain stuff. The company doing final assembly is HUGE.
    02-05-13 03:27 PM
    There is alot of supply available.. but the carriers may not have brought in enough phones.

Thats on the carriers.

Limited supply makes it look like the phones are in high demand.. Something not seen from a blackberry device in along time.

Guess we ill have to wait to see what the initial sales volumes look like
    eddy_berry likes this.
    02-05-13 03:30 PM
    Stores are always reluctant to sell off contract, especially non-carrier ones. That's just one less device they could lock another customer in with, and less commission for the salesperson as a result.
    02-05-13 03:34 PM
    Found one more white Z10 but I want a black one. Rogers is also charging $650+tax not their original advertised price of $600+tax. Some "authorized resellers" are charging $750+tax here in Vancouver. This is ridiculous lol
    02-05-13 03:38 PM
    Found one more white Z10 but I want a black one. Rogers is also charging $650+tax not their original advertised price of $600+tax. Some "authorized resellers" are charging $750+tax here in Vancouver. This is ridiculous lol
    I'd love to buy one and have it shipped here, but I don't want to buy a super marked up device for a carrier (AT*T) I won't wanna be with come March.
    02-05-13 03:45 PM
    I just called a corporate Rogers store now and they said they won't sell to me off contract either LOL

THIS IS ********. In order for me to get a Black Z10 on launch day I have to renew my contract or sign up for a new one? This is the dumbest sh*t I've heard ever.
    02-05-13 03:59 PM
    The price of sim free Z10's in the UK has gone up almost 15% in the last couple days and most outlets have quit selling them full stop...
    bb10CA likes this.
    02-05-13 04:15 PM
    I bought a Rogers Z10 outright at Costco. $650+tax.
    02-05-13 04:23 PM
    Why don't you buy it with a contract and then if you have to cancel, pay the fee, which would amount up to what you were going to pay in full price anyway.
    02-05-13 05:02 PM
    Same thing happened when the 9900 launched....no one on Rogers(maybe others) could buy a 9900 off contract for the first few days/week.
    02-05-13 05:07 PM
    The Bell store in Canmore was selling phones off contract. The clerk said so far all her sales were off contract. They were out of black but had a few whites left.
    02-05-13 09:57 PM
    So I finally ended up finding a retailer that would sell me one. Paid 650 +taxes. I've been using it for a couple of hours and loving it so far...but I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the Q10. I don't see myself getting used to the touchscreen but who knows...Q10 is far enough away that I could easily change my mind.

Those of you who are looking forward to getting the Z10, its definitely worth the wait. I consider myself a fairly heavy user...and all of the minor things that are missing in the software I feel like will be fixed with updates and are not going to cripple me for the time being either.

Don't listen to all the nay sayers, go and try it for yourself. I for one, am very impressed...it exceeds my expectations so far.

(I've only been using it for a few hours though...so we'll see how I feel in a couple of days).
    02-05-13 10:49 PM
    I thought it's only 600 at Rogers?
    02-05-13 10:54 PM
    I thought it's only 600 at Rogers?
    That's what I thought too. Even the clerk was surprised it was showing 650 on the screen. I wasn't gonna start arguing since they're selling for 800+ on the local Craigslist here so I said screw it.

Some Rogers Wireless "Authorized Resellers" wanted $762+tax. I don't know how they came up with that number but definitely not paying that.
    02-05-13 11:09 PM
    Damn it Rogers... they really wanna screw us over
    02-06-13 12:32 AM
    Can't buy off contract over here in the UK either. You'll know BlackBerry have cracked it when you see headlines of people being mugged for their Z10s. Don't laugh, Iphone muggings were a common occurence in London when the phone came out.....
    02-06-13 07:15 AM