So, i'm going to be living in Spain for 4 months, and i want to get a sim card for my phone and a pay as i go plan. Are there any carriers that will let me do this? or will i have to sign a contract. the issue i've been running into is keeping my berry data plan.

any advice would be appreciated
    01-08-10 12:57 PM
    You can buy pay/go SIM cards at most gas stations, food stores and convenience stores. No plan needed. Have a good time.
    01-08-10 05:21 PM
    If you don't have an unlocked device I doubt if you will be able to use BIS on a pay-as-you-go plan. But you can always use the device for calls and text messages.
    01-08-10 11:49 PM
    There are very few carriers that have BlackBerry Data Plans on Pay as you Go.
    01-09-10 05:31 AM
    Here is a prepaid BB plan:

T-Mobile Complete
    01-09-10 09:12 PM
    Does that T-Mobile plan work in Spain??
    01-10-10 07:28 AM
    Does that T-Mobile plan work in Spain??
    Should be no reason it will not. Mainly what you need is the prepaid side of it in the US to get the BB BISsetup to get your email coming to your device. Then you can either get a local sim there that includes data (you still need to pay in the US to keep your email coming) for the cheapest way, or just use the T-mobile prepaid sim and deal with the cost.
    01-10-10 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD