I thought I would pass this along...

Live365 for BlackBerry

Funny you should ask. Though it's not been officially announced yet, we've just started development of the BlackBerry version last week. The timeline looks like a release in early November. It'll take us that long to build and test it. Perhaps an Alpha to our broadcasters a bit sooner.

If all goes well, we'll be making a more official announcement here in the Mobile boards in a few days and on the website in a week or so.

At the same time, we're working on an iPhone version for about the same time frame. We just released a new downloads page today that mentions that.

So lots of mobile stuff going on around here and it's very exciting for us! I just wish it could be quicker!

Thanks,
    Raym
    Product Manager
    Live365
    I can't wait to get my BB phone and for this to come out...

Here is a link to the thread that I got this from... It's on Page 2 of the thread and was posted by radio365mobile.

Note: You'll need an account on Live365 to read the forum thread, but it's free and they don't send Spam... Also, by starting an account, you can listen to over 10,000 internet stations and get access to their user forums... and NO, I have no dogs in this fight.

[Edit] Here is a link to more info about this on Live365... Not sure if you need to have an account for this but, but if you do, just sign up... here it is...

Live365 - Radio365-Mobile Help Diagram

Dennis
    Last edited by dlt123; 08-26-08 at 12:22 AM.
    08-25-08 11:36 PM
    Nice find! Sounds good wonder how it will compare to xm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 11:38 PM
    Nice find! Sounds good wonder how it will compare to xm

Well, I can't really compare since I don't have XM, but Live365 has over 10,000 internet radio stations and most have CD quality output.

I will say that not all of Live365 stations will be broadcast on the BB, I believe that only "Pro" broadcaster stations will be able to broadcast with Live365 Mobile offerings... Copyright costs you know... but that's 1000's of stations anyway... a lot more than XM or Sirius put together.

This should be interesting to see how this is received in the BB community.

I for one will be using it since I listen to a lot of 365 stations that you can't get elsewhere. Some really good stations there.

Dennis
    08-26-08 12:08 AM
    This sounds really good. Hopefully it will work well with the BB, I'd stream music on my curve all the time if i could
    08-28-08 09:39 PM
    I really like Live365, I listen only to Ambient music and they have over 158 stations that play Ambient music alone... so my offerings are huge.

I can't wait to be able to play my stations in my car and will have to figure out how I can pump my stations from my BB, when I get it, to my car radio...

I know there are some kits you can buy, I just have to figure which is best suited to me.

Dennis
    08-29-08 12:32 AM
    Well, I can't really compare since I don't have XM, but Live365 has over 10,000 internet radio stations and most have CD quality output.

I will say that not all of Live365 stations will be broadcast on the BB, I believe that only "Pro" broadcaster stations will be able to broadcast with Live365 Mobile offerings... Copyright costs you know... but that's 1000's of stations anyway... a lot more than XM or Sirius put together.

This should be interesting to see how this is received in the BB community.

I for one will be using it since I listen to a lot of 365 stations that you can't get elsewhere. Some really good stations there.

Dennis
    They may have more stations and possibly better programing but they still do not have Howard, Bubba, or Ferrell.

08-29-08 10:59 AM
    I really like Live365, I listen only to Ambient music and they have over 158 stations that play Ambient music alone... so my offerings are huge.

I can't wait to be able to play my stations in my car and will have to figure out how I can pump my stations from my BB, when I get it, to my car radio...

I know there are some kits you can buy, I just have to figure which is best suited to me.

Dennis
    I'm old school. I have a late model car but never upgraded my cassette deck to a CD player. So I just plug in a cassette deck adapter and pipe my mp3 player through the car stereo that way. I do the same thing with my BB using the media player or Moodia. Works great for me.
    How's that for irony...BB on my hip, cassette player in the car. Sometimes I'm so ashamed.
    08-29-08 01:53 PM
    I'm old school. I have a late model car but never upgraded my cassette deck to a CD player. So I just plug in a cassette deck adapter and pipe my mp3 player through the car stereo that way. I do the same thing with my BB using the media player or Moodia. Works great for me.
    How's that for irony...BB on my hip, cassette player in the car. Sometimes I'm so ashamed.
    You're actually ahead of the curve on this one, you've turned your older cassette deck into a state of the art reception machine.

They also have the equivalent in CD form, but I'm not sure where to get them. I should check with eBay.

[Edit] I checked on eBay but found no CD equivalent but did find this...

200-channell CAR FM TRANSMITTER FOR MP3 iPod NANO CD - eBay (item 330168525278 end time Sep-16-08 06:14:05 PDT)

Dennis
    Last edited by dlt123; 08-29-08 at 04:37 PM.
    08-29-08 04:09 PM
    I only have one question ....

Do the "talk" stations it offers have Rush Limbaugh on them ???

(Also Tom Sullivan who comes on at noon ???)
    09-02-08 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD