First I've searched and searched and can't find the answer to this question. I purchased a 4 gig MicroSD card from Microcenter today for 19.99 to replace my 1 gig card. The card works great, the only problem I am having is I had encryption set on my 1 gig card, set to device, and now when i try to backup and restore my music, ebooks, pictures, etc. etc. to the new card the files are unreadable.

I searched the web and found a link that said you had to use media manager in order to accomplish this but unless I'm missing something media manager won't even transfer encrypted files back onto the device.

I'm using an 8110 with 4.5.0.55 and DM 4.5 if that helps at all. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    08-09-08 03:16 PM
    I'm just guessing cause I don't encrypt, put your new card in your phone, with encryption enabled, format your new card.
    Hook up your old card to your pc with a card reader, hook up your berry to your pc in mass storage mode, drag and drop from old to new, might work...
    GL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-08 03:27 PM
    I figured it out, finally. Could be useful for anyone else that might run into this problem in the future. First I had to eject the original card from my blackberry, and transfer the files to my computer. Next I had to DISABLE encryption, ( my guess is that the blackberry was encrypting a file that was already encrypted and messing it up). Then format my new 4 gig card, and use mass storage to drag the files onto my device. Once the files are on the device with decryption set to off you can renable encryption and everything works perfectly .. Thanks.
    08-09-08 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD